PDA

View Full Version : felted paton's sws bag looks like drowned cat

cdjack
12-02-2007, 01:01 PM
And the inside of my washing machine can prove it!
I felted an alpaca purse and it wasn't this bad.
My question: will it continue to shed this bad or was it a one time deal?

mwhite
12-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Usually, that first washing is the worst of the shedding. Mary

Jan in CA
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
SWS is very fuzzy, more so than some others. You can use a sweater shaver to clean off some of the fuzz.

Miley384
12-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Hmmmm.... You might actually try a lint roller. You can get them like everywhere if you don't already have one.....:teehee:

Lisa R.
12-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Was this when you were actually felting the bag, or were you washing an already felted bag?

It is always recommended that for felting, you put your project in a pillowcase so that the lint doesn't clog your washing machine. It's apparently normal for things to shed like that during the felting process.

I'd say, if it was a washing after the initial felting, I'd definitely put it in a lingerie bag or pillowcase for future washings!

cdjack
12-02-2007, 04:32 PM
No, I was washing it to felt it. I put it in a pillowcase the first go round. I was warned that SWS felts a heck of alot faster than other yarns.
It took me three cycles! The second and third time through I switched to a lingerie bag.
Now that it is stuffed with grocery sacks and it drying, it is starting to look less like a drowned cat which is always good when you are talking about a purse.
I think I'll try a lint brush when it is done drying.