PDA

View Full Version : My yarn is possessed! EVERY time I try to do anything ....

boo1
12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
with my FdC 127 Print, I have to frog and frog and frog. I swear it's this ball of yarn! I'm doing a really easy pattern and I cannot quit making errors. No, it's NOT me, it's the YARN.

I've frogged it back a few inches and I'm about to put it back on the needles. HA! WHY do those little loops hide from you when you simply want to put them back where they were? I'm spending so much time with the crochet hook this afternoon, that I can't remember if I'm knitting or crocheting!

:wall:

The.Knitter
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
:hug:

...those days happen to all of us sometimes. Good luck to you!

Knitting_Guy
12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Yep, those days happen. Makes ya appreciate the days when it all goes smoothly.

boo1
12-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Yep, those days happen. Makes ya appreciate the days when it all goes smoothly.

You mean there ARE days when it all goes smoothly? Hmm. I hope I have one of those soon! :teehee:

divagirl
12-02-2007, 07:20 PM
It's not you - bad yarn can happen to good people! CP Bamboozle was my cursed yarn...I ended up giving it to my MIL.

cmk
12-02-2007, 09:38 PM
That happened to me recently with one skein of Silky Wool for a cardigan. I finally gave up and started another skein - but I eventually had to use the cursed skein and it went a little better, but I found I was still tinking.

Good luck!
Carolyn

gatorjade
12-03-2007, 03:14 AM
At least you all have the courage to frog. I frogged a project for the first time yesterday, and it was one of the scariest, most painstaking experiences I've ever had with knitting! My little loops kept disappearing into the stitches below them, and all I could do was keep unraveling rows until I could put every last loop back onto my needle (I was even using a needle with a smaller diameter, but alas, it still took me a while). :frog:

knitncook
12-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Depending on the pattern I have sometimes found unknitting easier than frogging. It happens to the most seasoned knitter sometimes and sometimes it IS the yarn. Little possessed balls of fluff!

lelvsdgs
12-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Depending on the pattern I have sometimes found unknitting easier than frogging. It happens to the most seasoned knitter sometimes and sometimes it IS the yarn. Little possessed balls of fluff!
I also tend to unknit. I find it less frustrating and I have more control over how quickly it goes.
Those unruly skeins are such a pain...:!!!:

DianaM
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm also working on my first ML project. I'm making "Dashing" and I'm halfways through the first glove.

Love ML!!!!

jeanius80
12-03-2007, 06:31 PM
ha! this is why i just sold 3 skeins of docetto from joanns. lovely soft yarn, pretty color, but i had to frog an aran tam top portion 4 times, a plain tam 2 times and a wrap once. i give up. plus it made my nose feel itchy... i think the cotton fibers were escaping!

bethany
12-04-2007, 09:23 AM
At least you all have the courage to frog. I frogged a project for the first time yesterday, and it was one of the scariest, most painstaking experiences I've ever had with knitting! My little loops kept disappearing into the stitches below them, and all I could do was keep unraveling rows until I could put every last loop back onto my needle (I was even using a needle with a smaller diameter, but alas, it still took me a while). :frog:
I have to get my needle in the stitches before I frog, then frog down to the needle. I don't always grab the correct side of the stitch, but just fix that so that it's not twisted when I get back to knitting. I HATE making mistakes like that and having to frog. Grr...! I've done it without the needle too and it just throws me right out of sync. Takes so long to get back in the knitting groove!