PDA

View Full Version : Magic Loop

kitkat
12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh so wonderful! Whoever thought of this is just a genius!
A few weeks ago I tried to fiddle a little with it - but without destructions and got sidetracked. Yesterday I tried again....with total success. My biggest issue in sock knitting is that first row on two circulars and not having them twist. I started two separate ML projects - neither one even came close to twisting! I did one on a 32 inch cable and one on a 24 (knitpicks options, for both) and this is so easy and it eliminates the ladders...I am such a convert!

Jeremy
12-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey, Congratulations. I love using them too. My only gripe against the Options set is that they don't make needles small enough to do ML socks. (you just have to place an order for sep. needles).

knitncook
12-03-2007, 04:48 PM
I love my dpn's, but I dont' always have the right size (especially the larger needles) or they are busy on another project. It's a great handy skill to have for those times that you need it. And I know quite a few people who almost exclusively use magic loop instead of dealing with small circs or dpn's.

Knitting_Guy
12-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Another ML convert! :woot:

lelvsdgs
12-03-2007, 06:11 PM
That does it, after the holidays I am going to give this a try...:happydance:

zkimom
12-03-2007, 08:13 PM
I've pretty much retired my dpns. With the magic of the Magic Loop, I can make socks, hats, sleeves and for the most part make 2 items at once.

I'm finishing up a pair of long wool pants for my dd and have been able to work both legs at the same time so I know that they will both match and be the same length.

I just finished a baby hat and I didn't have to juggle all those needles and have them falling out of stitches all over the place at the end.

I love Magic Loop!

kitkat
12-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Don't wait - it just isnt difficult AT ALL - and in fact solved problems for me!

mimi
12-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Ok, I have been curious about trying ML, but now I am ready to take the plunge. Which video do you think I should start with ?

knitncook
12-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Start with Amy's of course! :) It's under advanced techniques.

losnana
12-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Start with Amy's of course! :) It's under advanced techniques.
What she said.