PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to be enabled?

zkimom
12-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Like any of us really need a reason to cast on another project . . .

Well, there was a thread a few days ago asking how many projects we all had OTN. It made me think of a Knitpicks podcast where Kelley Petkun talks about how many projects she has OTN -- get ready for this:

SEVEN! At a time!

Here's a quick breakdown of Kelley's projects:

1. A very easy project for social interaction
2. A portable project for when you are going out and want to bring your knitting
3 Completely absorbing for when you want to ignore someone and need to focus somewhere else
4. A new technique
5. A gift for someone else
6. Mildly challenging that will help you pass the time
7. Charity Knitting

Now if you get a chance, listen to this podcast! It will have you grabbing your pattern books, your needles and your stash and casting on a project or two or three just so you can catch up. She gives really great reasons for having all those projects OTN -- made perfect sense to me!

Here's the link (http://www.knitpicks.com/content/index.php/archive/episode-24/) to the podcast.

I hope you enjoy listening, especially if you need a little enabling, oops, I mean encouraging :aww:

Best,
Susan

PS -- she talks about this at the end of the podcast so be patient and you will be rewarded.

knitncook
12-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Hmm. Let's see if I can number mine out with their "reasons"
1. a "no thought" project which generally deals with stockinet or a simple repeating pattern that I can do at work or watching TV'
2. A sock project (I always have a pair of socks OTN)
3. My ever growing shawl (which goes on and off the needles depending on if I think I'm done - currently back on)
4. Gift project (this can be anything I'm making for someone else and I generally am making something for anyone else despite my rule about not knitting for other people - I just don't tell them! LOL!)
5. Charity knitting (this is my newest thing that I've started as a way of busting my stash of yarns that I'll never do anything with.)
6. The project I got bored with. (I always seem to have a project that I started gun-ho and after a while I got bored. I'll pick it up again when I am looking for something to do).

I guess that's about it, although I might have multiple number 6's hanging around. :)