PDA

View Full Version : My yarn stash was in danger this weekend..


iwouldratherbeknitting
12-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Scary stuff indeed.. check out my blog the Dec. 3 entry for details.

I had to laugh later.. the only yarn that I had taken w/ me (when I had to spend the night at a friend's house) was some old RED HEART for the slipper that I was knitting... and left the cashmere, etc. in the apartment.

CLEARLY, I wasn't thinking? ;)

Catz
12-04-2007, 06:41 AM
Scary stuff. I'm not so sure I'd be so calm and level headed about it. At least you didn't lose any of your stash.

Eccie
12-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Jinkies! I'm glad everything worked out ok.

iwouldratherbeknitting
12-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Yes, IF I had not been home.. (and acted as I did) there would not have been ANY STASH or anything else left.. maybe not anything left of a few floors of my apartment building either???

Scary stuff.. is all I can say..

SherKnit
12-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Glad you are safe!!!!

shifio
12-04-2007, 09:18 AM
its a good job you were in when it happened and awake

knitncook
12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
You are so fortunate that the fire didn't start at night!! Glad that you (and your stash, but mostly you) are safe!! How scary!!

dustinac
12-04-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm so glad everything turned out ok and that you reacted so calmly!! Fires are one thing I worry about or are in fear of...I'm always checking this and that...:hug:

iwouldratherbeknitting
12-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks all.. it was so surreal.. to see FLAMES shooting out of the wall to say the least.. It's shocking when it happens- because, it's so unexpected...

My microwave is dead now and I had also gone to the grocery store on SAT.. so, all that food isn't safe to eat.. since, the power was off for so long.. about 30 hours..

HollyP
12-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Wow glad everything turned out ok! You were very fortunate that you were home. I honestly don't think I would have reacted so calmly in the face of fire shooting out of my microwave. Way to go!!

iwouldratherbeknitting
12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Yes, there's not quite anything like seeing big flames shooting out of an outlet.. that wasn't in use.. (other than the microwave being plugged in)..

My friend, who was on the phone still when I finally got back to it several minutes later.. wasn't sure if I had seen a fire on a tv program or what? He never thought it was in real life.. until I was missing for a bit from the phone. :teehee: