PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a pattern..

knitpurlgurl
12-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Okay, I am interested in making this pattern - but I have never knitted with different colors in the same pattern. The pattern says to attach the next color, not to drop the previous color and use it as it's needed. Being a beginner-ish knitter, I am a little confused as to how to attach the next color and how to bring in the previous color. Help, please. Here is the pattern:

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/holamflag.htm

Thanks in advance for your help, tips, or suggestions. :)

Abbily
12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
There are a couple of different videos on this site that can help you with that. :)

suzeeq
12-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Basically you would just start knitting with the new color, leaving a couple inches to be woven in later. If you like you can loosely tie the two together, but you may have to undo the knot when you go back to the first color again.

knitpurlgurl
12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
It sounds like you would carry the color? Or would you just re-start the color over and over again the pattern? Thanks! :)

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
12-05-2007, 01:15 PM
they talked about this on an episode of Knitty Gritty where they were making sweaters. You simply drop the color you're working with and start knitting with the next color.... for example the first part where you're working with red... you do those rows, then drop the red, picking up the white (i'd try intarsia.. and btw, i HATE intarsia but it does work nicely!) when you're done with the white you simply pick the red up and start knitting with it, no cutting. when your'e done, you have a somewhat decorative edge.

Now, to add the blue, I'd go with an Intarsia method where it connects to the red and white to make sure it's nice and tight insted of a big gap where the seam is.