Metal/ Boye NeedleMaster Interchangeable meedle system sizez 2-15 circulars

Circulars/Takumi, sizes 10 1/2 [24in] 13 [16in] 13 [24in]

addi NATURA,sizes7,[32in] 9[24in]

Boye metal size 17[29in] ,9[29in]
####################################
CROCHET HOOKS:
3.25-6.50MM D-K BY BOYE STEEL
1.9MM SIZE 5,1.30MMSIZE 10,1.65MM SIZE 7, 3/2.10MM

Those of you that are veterns to knitting ,please tell me what needles I need to add to my list. I want to make sure that I have everything thing I need when I need it,at hand. I'd greatly appreicate it!

Knitting_Guy
12-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Short of telling you to buy every needle ever made that isn't already on your list the question is impossible to answer.

It just depends on what you want to knit. There are literally hundreds of size, style, materials, and type combinations out there.

Pretty much no matter how well stocked you think you are on needles you're eventually come across something you want to knit that will require yet another needle purchase. Such is the nature of the beast.

mwhite
12-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Looks like you've got a fairly decent selection, but Mason's right, you'll always run into something else you'll need. I go to yard and estate sales, the local thrift shop and accept friendly donations. This has been an excellent way to pick up different sizes and types of needles and tools. Joann's has great, discounted yarn and needle sales and you can add your name to their list to receive emails. There are literally hundreds of sites that will do this as well.

suzeeq
12-05-2007, 11:05 PM
You've got just about every needle you may need there. The only thing you may find is that you may want to duplicate a size/type because you just have to cast on for a new project and the needles for it are in a WIP....

WandaT
12-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I'd just play it by ear. When you want to start a new pattern and don't have the right needles, then you'll need to buy them! It's kinda hard to plan what you'll need in advance - just depends on the pattern you want to do at the time.

saracidaltendencies
12-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Can't really add anything that hasn't already been said...lol...However, when I get yarn, I always peruse the needle selection and if I have a little extra cash, I pick up another set to add to the collection...lol...I also have many duplicates because I have found I get bored working on one thing too long and need the variety, so, I buy a couple sets of needles, the same size. The way I see it is one can never have too many needles! lol

inkaholic
12-06-2007, 12:57 AM
I cheat, actually. For example, I own two pairs of size 10 needles, yet I manage to have 3 size ten projects OTN at once. I just make sure to complete a row, and I use the needle that doesn't contain a project to work all three. :D

mommydearest
12-06-2007, 10:45 AM
I cheat, actually. For example, I own two pairs of size 10 needles, yet I manage to have 3 size ten projects OTN at once. I just make sure to complete a row, and I use the needle that doesn't contain a project to work all three. :D

What a GREAT idea. I have 3 prs size 8 - one short, long, and bamboo. Sometimes I'll start with the short, depending on stitches but change to long (like I just did 15 min ago) to get a better idea of how wide my project is.

Thanks for the idea though - it will come in handy.

As for what other needles you need? Play it by ear and take it one project at a time.

Mary

Nanaof6
12-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I will have to tell hubby :woot: "You can never have to many needles" Just like he tells me when he buys yet another streetrod:thumbsup:

photolady
12-06-2007, 02:42 PM
I have sizes from 1 to 17.
It depends on how thin or bulky your yarn is, and what size your gauge needs to be.

I prefer Boye aluminum needles, the yarn slides quickly off from one needle to the other, but, if I'm trying to knit socks, I like to use bamboo needles, so the yarn is more secure on the needle.

I still don't exactly know HOW to knit socks, but, maybe someday.:pray: