PDA

View Full Version : Winding stations

cdjack
12-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Do any of you have one of these for your swift and ball winder?
If so, how much did you spend on it?
My mom is considering coming up with a design for one and selling them.
Just wanted some suggestions... thanks.

Silver
12-08-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't know what you mean by a "winding station". My "winding station" is my kitchen counter, where I secure both my swift and ball winder and wind my balls of yarn. I don't remember specifically what I paid for them, but the swift was about $50, and the winder was about $30. I also have a yardage counter to use for my handspun yarns.

Is your mom thinking of a kind of all-in-one winding station? Where the swift and winder are one piece? That would be really cool. :)

cdjack
12-08-2007, 01:05 PM
She was talking about a stand independent of the swift and ball winder, but is made specifically for them. Does that make sense? Kind of like a ironing board but sturdier and it wouldn't taper at one end.

brendajos
12-08-2007, 01:13 PM
you know what would be cool is if you could do something like that and figure out a way to add a yardage calculator in it too. like it would run from the swift, through the calculator, to the winder.

and if it was collapsible...lol.

and i have no idea how to make the yardage calculator work... i am the idea girl... i leave the rest to someone else's genius. :teehee: