PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!!!

MandyMagoo
12-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi! I'm new here but last week I was pointed to this site after I said I wanted to learn to knit. I practiced using some of the videos and then got out some hot pink yarn that is so special to me. My Granny, who hadn't knit for probably 40 years, bought this yarn and new needles to make my youngest daughter a blanket. I was still pregnant with her and she never finished it. She got sick and ended up dying in the hospital. My Mom made a trip to her apartment and 'stole' the bag with the knitting in it. She wasn't supposed to because Granny didn't have a will or anything, but she thought I needed it. I don't have enough yarn to make a full blanket for my now-3 year old, but I'm making a scarf for each daughter. This is such a special project for me and I'm so thankful for this site. :D I can't wait to learn more! :D

XOXO

Shandeh
12-09-2007, 11:40 PM
What a sweet, sad story! :heart: :hug: :heart:
Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your knitting!

Knitting_Guy
12-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Welcome!

alleusion
12-10-2007, 12:12 AM
It's good to have motivation like this behind your projects. Welcome to the forum!

Matdredalia
12-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Aww, I'm so sorry about your Grandma! But very glad to have you here amongst the land of the addicted, err, I mean, land of the crafty!! :aww:

Welcome to KnittingHelp! You've found one of the three best resources online for knitters, in my humble opinion.

I suggest you head over to www.ravelry.com and sign up for the invite list, that way you can get over there, too. (Stash, project, and pattern management, what's not to love?!)

Aaaand, #3, in my opinion, is www.knitty.com -- lots of free patterns with beautiful results!!

Good luck, and if there is anything you might need one-on-one help with, feel free to PM me. I'm somewhat of a newbie myself, but that just means the really basic stuff is fresh in my brain XD

Eccie
12-10-2007, 08:47 AM
What a wonderful tribute to your grandmother.

Jan in CA
12-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Those scarves will be very special. :thumbsup: Welcome to KH!

Debkcs
12-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi, and welcome. It's very sweet that your daughters will have scarves made from your Grandmother's yarn. What a great reason to learn to knit.

Plantgoddess+
12-10-2007, 04:40 PM
What a great opportunity to make memories of family. Welcome to KH.

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
12-10-2007, 05:02 PM
welcome :)