PDA

View Full Version : For those not in the Christmas spirit...(and everyone else, too!)

Chel
12-14-2007, 02:12 PM
I love Christmas, but this year its hard. It seems more like work than holiday cheer! I was reading some posts and seeing others feel the same, so I thought we could maybe drum up a little Christmas cheer and demonstrate some good will. And all you have to invest is a moment of your time.

Simply post say something nice about the person who posted before you and wish for them something for the holiday. (Post as many times as you want!)
Since there is no one above me, I'll take Amy and Sheldon.
Amy and Sheldon,
I love your generous nature in working so hard on this site and keep it available for all of us. I love that you spread love of knitting by making it possible for people to learn, who might not have had the opportunity otherwise. My wish for you this Christmas is that you realize just how appreciated you truely are and can see how many lives you have touched!

marykz
12-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Chel- you are one of the sweetest people I know, and I was so happy to be invited to your knitting club. you are sensitive, and funny and totally addicted to the 80s! I wish you all the happiness now and in the new year! Take time to take care of yourself!

mwhite
12-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Marykz, I really don't know you at all but that won't stop me from making sure that I get to know you by reading your posts. Hopefully, we'll become close friends and can share in the new year. Since you've joined in with Chel to help us have more Christmas cheer, you must be a super nice person. Merry Christmas and may all your New Year wishes come true! Mary

Abbily
12-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Mwhite, I don't know you too well either, but I have noticed that you always have a kind and encouraging word for everyone around here, and you always jump in and help when someone has a question. You're a great friend and resource on the board, so I know you must be a lovely person in person! :)

Merry Christmas, mwhite, and I hope the new year brings you as much happiness as you have brought to this board!

Mariblue
12-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Abbily, I have always enjoyed seeing your finished objects that you make for your girls. And you always have a kind word to encourage others in their knitting endeavers. I wish you a very Merry Christmas with your family, and happy knitting all year long!

Sharly
12-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I love the idea of this thread! Merry Christmas to everyone! Abbily, I've seen your posts here and there, and what I've picked up is that you are an awesome Mom! I think that is the greatest compliment anyone can receive, and I mean it sincerely! I hope you and your family enjoy a most wonderful Christmas filled with everything you hope for!!

Take care!
Sharly

Sharly
12-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Oops! I was too slow!!
Mariblue! Hi!! Merry Christmas to you!! I've seen you around, and I can tell your technical skills are awesome, but better than that is your willingness to share and encourage. The world would be a better place with more great encouragers!! Also, I think it's fantastic that you learned to tat! I learned a few years ago, and had no one to share it with. I'm glad, thanks to Nobones, more people are learning and it won't be a lost art!

Merry Christams! I hope yours is filled with joy!

Chel
12-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Mariblue got jumped so I get both her and Sharly!!!

Mariblue, one thing I have always noticed about your posts is that you alwasy jump right in with a pat on the back and an encouraging word. My wish for you this season, is for you to be recognized for the inspiring person you are!

Sharly,
You have a great sense of humor and a wonderful insight to things. When you comment on a situation where someone is having a problem your responses are always genuine and constructive. My wish for you this season is for peace... and furniture that repels cat fur. :-P

auburnchick
12-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Chel,

I love the idea for this thread. You have a great perspective! It's always good to take a moment out of our busy schedules to acknowledge positive things about others. It makes them feel good, and we receive a blessing by simply knowing that we've brought a little sunshine to someone's day.

:hug:

stitchwitch
12-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Auburnchick you have an easy going way about you that makes everyone feel at ease. I enjoy your sense of humor, your faith and your posts and I wish you and your family a happy holiday season and a happy new year!:hug:

jdee
12-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Stitchwitch,
I don't know you in person, but I appreciate your willingness to share knowledge and encourage. I got a kick out of your post about your warm, summery Christmas season. It made me laugh to think of watching your neighbor wash her car in a swimsuit in the middle of December. lol

Chel
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
jdee,
Looking through your posts, you always have a kind word to say to everyone. Your comments are thoughtful and sincere. My wish for you this season is some peaceful relaxed knitting time.
Chel

bethany
12-17-2007, 02:07 PM
chel~ you seem to have a great sense of humor and looking through your posts, you've been awfully supportive of others on the site. Looks like you've been through a lot the last couple of years, and it's so nice that there is not only place for people to come together and chat and support each other, but people like you who actually DO it. Thank you for this thread and sit back, breathe deep and stare at something beautiful for a minute. There's still time to enjoy the season!

bethany
12-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Did I kill this thread!?! Skip me and do Chel! ;)

Chel
12-20-2007, 04:24 PM
You certainly didn't kill this thread!!!!!
We just dropped the ball so to speak!

The beautiful thing about this type of thread is the more nice things you say about others, the more nice things people say about you! If you don't know someone, you can click on their name and see their profile. If they haven't filled out their profile you can click "See more posts by..." and see what they have said. You may have completely looked over someone before and then find they are a great person you never knew! You can't have too many great people in your life, can you?

Sooooo...Bethany you have great ideas!!! I read through several posts and see great creative input! You suggested things I would neverhave thought of!!! My wish for you this season is some free time do knit and do the things you love!

saracidaltendencies
12-21-2007, 02:09 AM
Well, I don't really know anyone on here, so this goes out to all of you!

Throughout the posts I have read, you all seem like such wonderful people, always willing to help others, give advice, encourage one another, and truly care for each member even if you don't know them. You all make this forum a wonderful place and I am glad I found it!