PDA

View Full Version : i-cord q

holamiis
12-16-2007, 12:34 PM
How do you fasten off i-cord?

Thanks for the help!

Julie
12-16-2007, 12:50 PM
I usually just pull the working yarn through the live stitches with a yarn needle...sort of like finishing off the top of a hat. :thumbsup:

Sandi
12-16-2007, 04:47 PM
That's what I did with the ones I made last week for a project.

janettle
12-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Here is a link to an I-cord bind-off:
http://www.knitpicks.com/content/index.php/cat/binding-off/

Scroll down just less than half-way down the page and see the section entitled "I-Cord Bind Off".

I began my I-Cord Bind Off with 3 stitches of the Knitted Cast On, and although while following the instructions, the process seemed very strange and convoluted, it resulted in a very nice finish to my I-Cord.

holamiis
12-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Janettle-
You're right those instructions seem pretty convoluted but I'll give it a try.....

The i-cord is only 4 stitches so.....

Sandi & Julie- Thanks for the help as well, that's what I did. It's messy but on such small i-cord.....

nonny2t
12-17-2007, 12:09 PM
I usually bind off my icord.

janettle
12-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Yes, my i-cord was only 4 stitches also, and I wondered if the instructions were for another situation, but here is the pattern for which I used the bind-off:

http://community.livejournal.com/craftgrrl/9328990.html

Strangely, it all worked out beautifully.

Anyway, if you've already finished off... :) :knitting:

Knitter69
08-11-2013, 03:55 PM
I am making hair curlers, and at the end of the I-cord it just says to fasten off and pull the end to make it curl into a little ball. I'm not sure how to do that so it pulls. Please help!!

salmonmac
08-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi and welcome!
Sounds llike you should thread the yarn tail through the stitches, pull it tight, knot it to secure it and weave in the end.
Can you give us a link to the pattern? Sounds interesting.

Knitter69
08-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi and welcome!
Sounds llike you should thread the yarn tail through the stitches, pull it tight, knot it to secure it and weave in the end.
Can you give us a link to the pattern? Sounds interesting.

I threaded it thru, like you said,l and it worked fine. So simple when you know how.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm so glad I found this site!!!!:woohoo: