PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve KAL & Chat was a SUCCESS!!

Shandeh
12-16-2007, 01:43 AM
I know that we are all busy knitting for Christmas, so I was thinking that it would be cool if we all have a KH KNIT-TOGETHER on New Year's Eve!

We won't have to do it in person, of course. We can just knit wherever we are to bring in the New Year! :)

Wouldn't it be cool if we could all knit with the same yarn or the same project at the same time? Maybe we could all make a small item together, with the year 2008 on it. How about a dishcloth? Then, we would have a permanent memory of our simultaneous knitting event?

I found a chart for numbers online. We could knit the numbers as we go, or we could just add them later with duplicate stitch.
http://members.aol.com/Val2571214/alphabt1.html

Shandeh
12-17-2007, 06:48 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/bumping/3.gif

Doodknitwit
12-17-2007, 09:32 AM
:yay: :blooby: cool!! I have yarn

Shandeh
12-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Thanks for knitting along, Doodknitwit! :hug:

Secksiebrat
12-17-2007, 02:38 PM
I have a skein of peaches and cream. I'd like to join in on this one. I'm not 100% sure of our plans for New Years eve, but with a 3 year old you can bet we wont be going out :)

~danielle~

Thanks Shandeh for putting this together!

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
count me in... i'll probably be in the KH chatroom New Year's Eve... my dh has to work so we can't go to the party we were invited to.

LauraD
12-17-2007, 04:22 PM
sure why not!

GiddyKnitter
12-17-2007, 04:38 PM
I too would like to join in xx

kellyh57
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
What a great idea!!! Count me in as we count down together!

Kelly

Samsam
12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
I'll join. I'll be home New Year's Eve too! and I have yarn :)

Eloewien
12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Count me in! Just a thought... how many stitches wide/high is a dishcloth? I've been coming up with charts lately and I'm sure I could come up with something....

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
12-17-2007, 07:18 PM
the ones i've seen are about 36 stitches wide.. not sure on the number of rows though.

pickayarn
12-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Oooh! I think I will join in the kal and hang out in the chat room! I have a skein of lilies and cream cotton that needs to be used:)

N:muah:

Shandeh
12-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Thank you all for joining! Won't this be fun? :)

I'm all for us taking over our KH chatroom that night. I'll sign on at 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, and stay in the chatroom until 3:30 AM EST.

We can post photos of our progress, as well as our finished dishcloths in this discussion thread.

Thanks Shandeh for putting this together!
You're welcome! :hug:

I've been coming up with charts lately and I'm sure I could come up with something....
Yay! We have a designer! :cheering:

Eloewien
12-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Patterns are located at http://dragonwingarts.com/free-patterns/ :angelgrin:

Enjoy!! There are two versions- basic and detailed. Basic says "New Year KAL, Knitting Help, 2008", detailed says "KH, 2008 New Year KAL" with fireworks, a martini glass and a snowflake. Both are 40 stitches square (had trouble with the 34/36 sts getting it to fit)... you may want to add three rows of border on each side if you choose.

The pattern info can also be found on Ravelry at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/dragonwing-arts

Let me know what you think!!!!

knitabit38
12-18-2007, 08:57 AM
E (et.al)
I'm an old knitter (more than 50 years of it) but new to the forum, and way down the list for admittance to Ravelry. I'd love to play along with the New Year's Eve KAL as we won't be going anywhere (too old and to sensible to want to drive anyplace on NY eve). I loved your blog and the gorgeous shawls. Is there any way for someone who can't get on the Ravelry site now to be able to look at the patterns?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Knitabit38 in Fort Myers, FL

Shandeh
12-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Excellent, Eloewien!! :cheering: :notworthy:

You are FAST!!! :thumbsup:

Is there any way for someone who can't get on the Ravelry site now to be able to look at the patterns?
Hi knitabit! :waving:
The first link above works - it is not on Ravelry. Let us know if you have trouble opening it.

Eloewien
12-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I just put the ravelry link so people could add it to their ravelry queue as a reminder. The actual pattern is on my website :)

Samsam
12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Awesome charts! they're nice and big. very do-able for me!

lelvsdgs
12-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh boy! A perfect first chart pattern! I printed the chart and now am not sure how to read it. :oops: Is it left to right and are the dark squares another color or purl stitches... sorry for the ignorance:whoosh:

Miley384
12-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Totally! :thumbsup:

Eloewien
12-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Crash course in chart reading- it could be another color, but I just use knit and purl. Odd rows (right side) are read right to left, even rows (wrong side) are left to right. White squares on the right side are knits, wrong side are purls. Black squares are the opposite, purl on right side, knit on wrong side. I'm going to try to do a written version as well, those were just a bout of insomnia last night :) I'll probably get them written up in the next couple days...
Laura

lelvsdgs
12-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Crash course in chart reading- it could be another color, but I just use knit and purl. Odd rows (right side) are read right to left, even rows (wrong side) are left to right. White squares on the right side are knits, wrong side are purls. Black squares are the opposite, purl on right side, knit on wrong side. I'm going to try to do a written version as well, those were just a bout of insomnia last night :) I'll probably get them written up in the next couple days...
Laura
Perfect answer! That was my gut feeling but I just wanted to make sure. I am in! I have been wanting to do a charted design forever and this is perfect! And now I get to go buy some more yarn :out:

Eloewien
12-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Any thoughts on the pattern? Any changes you want made before we knit it up? Just wondering :)

auburnchick
12-19-2007, 01:26 AM
I want to join! I'll be by my lonely self...children off galavanting, and dh with one of them.

Thanks for coming up with this, Shandeh!

:muah:

Shandeh
12-19-2007, 05:02 AM
:wink:
It's so cool to see this project coming together so well. Thank you all for joining, and thank you Eloewien for the design!

Nobones
12-19-2007, 07:10 AM
What yarn do have to use? If it's something I can get I'd love to join in I never do anything for New Year.

Shandeh
12-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi nobones! :waving:

If you want it to be a useable dishcloth, I'd use cotton yarn.

But, if you are just making a memento of our event, you can use any yarn you want! :hug:

And the weight of the yarn doesn't matter, because it's not made to be worn. So, it can be any size. I would just use the size needles that are recommended on your yarn band.

Nobones
12-19-2007, 10:07 AM
I think I'd like to make it as a keepsake and then stick it in my scrapbook. Thanks Shandeh I'm in. :cheering:

GiddyKnitter
12-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Is it just me but I can't seem to find the pattern!!

Shandeh
12-20-2007, 03:57 AM
Is it just me but I can't seem to find the pattern!!

It's less of a pattern, and more of a design. If you want your piece to have a border of 3 garter stitches, here's what you'll do:
Cast on 46 stitches.
Knit 3 rows.
Begin following chart of your choice, remembering to add 3 knit stitches at the beginning and end of each row
(see two charts below).
When you complete chart, Knit 3 more rows.
Then bind off loosely.

Here are the two charts that Eloewien designed.
Basic Chart: http://dragonwingarts.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/basickal.pdf
Detailed Chart: http://dragonwingarts.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/detailedkal1.pdf

GiddyKnitter
12-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Right...I have decided to use the basic chart (just in case I have had a few too many Bailey's!!) I have just checked my stash and I have some Patons soft cotton in lilac so that's me sorted!!!

snowbear
12-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Hi..

I'm going to be home, with cat, and my new teapot & cup. I'm organizing & cleaning house so I can start knitting this year... I am going to do more projects, and less frogging, lol (keeping fingers crossed)

I have the yarn all ready.. so.. unless internet fails.. I'm there!

Shandeh
12-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Of COURSE you can join, Snowbear! :hug:

Everyone is welcome! :)

GiddyKnitter
12-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi Snowbear glad your joining in.

Just had a thought do we actually cast on on News Years Eve or what? you will have to excuse me this is my first knit along.

Shandeh
12-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, I don't know. What do you all think? Should we wait until that night to start our knitting? I'm open to whatever we all decide.

auburnchick
12-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Yes, let's wait. Are we going to chat while we're knitting?

Shandeh
12-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Yes, we will chat while we knit.....so things could get pretty interesting... :teehee:

I, for one, will probably make lots of spelling errors, since I'll be trying to do both at the same time. :roll:

snowbear
12-29-2007, 08:54 PM
:knitting: Shandeh, at least you have an excuse for spelling errors, I make spelling errors w/out the excuse of knitting while typing, I'll have to "borrow" your excuse, lol

Shandeh
12-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Borrow away! :hug:

grammie
12-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I will be knitting right here and I have been wanting to join a KAL, so count me in, too.

misha rf
12-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Can I play, too?? :teehee:

We're not going anywhere, and I can't have any booze right now (long story; if you really want to read about it, you can visit my blog (http://www.nosestuckinabook.blogspot.com/)), so I would actually be able to knit. (OK, I have knit while consuming adult beverages, but the results are not always what one would prefer. :rofl:)

Knitting with friends and watching Anderson Cooper....sounds like a great way to bring in the new year!! :rofl:

mamapaulsel
12-30-2007, 03:08 AM
Count me in~I can't promise that I'll be on line with two tweens at home. Lately I've had to fight them for computer time. They have been busy with their I-pods that Granny Claus :teehee: sent for c-mas.

auburnchick
12-30-2007, 04:11 AM
What time are we going into the chat? With all of the different time zones and all...

Oh, and one should never fight teens for computer time. YOU pay the bills. YOU get to plan whenever you want. :teehee:

Just send them to your local youth church lock-in. That will take care of them for the evening. :thumbsup:

GiddyKnitter
12-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Shandeh

Congratulations on your weight loss...30lbs!!!!!!! well done x

rachejm
12-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey guys,
What a great idea for a KAL! I'd love to join. I've printed off a chart and I have some blue yarn that I don't really know what to do with so I'm in!

Shandeh
12-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Yippee!! More New Year's Eve knitters! :woohoo:

Welcome everyone. :muah:

What time are we going into the chat? With all of the different time zones and all...
I'll be signing on at 11:30 Eastern Standard Time, and will stay online until 3:30 AM EST, so I'll be saying "Happy New Year" over and over again for the entire US! :)

Shandeh, Congratulations on your weight loss...30lbs!!!!!!! well done x
Thank you! :hug:

mamapaulsel
12-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Our Church doesn't have a lock in for our youth, rats! They are probably going to be watching Disney Channel since they voted for their favorite shows. So count me in to be on-line!:knitting:

lelvsdgs
12-31-2007, 01:30 AM
I've been sick as a dog since Christmas day so I haven't been able to get to Michael's to pick up more cotton. I did find some red I had left over so I hope this will be enough to make the cloth. I am excited about doing this so count me in. Don't know if I'll be able to chat but I'll definitely be knitting!:woohoo:

Shandeh
12-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Yay! TONIGHT is our Knit-Along!
Everybody get your yarn and needles ready!
(I still haven't picked mine out yet!) :teehee:

I'm thinking that we could go ahead and cast on our stitches now, and knit 3 rows. Then we'd be ready to do the chart together.

I wonder if I will be able to finish mine tonight from 11:30 PM to 3:30 AM? That would be cool.

lelvsdgs, if you want, you could just use ANY yarn from your stash for the cloth, and keep it as a memento instead of using it as a dishcloth. I know that one of our knitters is planning on keeping theirs in a scrapbook! :)

auburnchick
12-31-2007, 01:33 PM
Ok...I'm ready. I cast on and knit my three rows. I'm using Peaches & Creme, and the color is Wine on size 7 needles.

gingerbread
12-31-2007, 01:37 PM
I am another one that doesn't go out on New Years eve. We haven't been out in years. So please count me in on the dishcloth Knit-A-Long :p.I have some peaches and cream but not sure if I want to use it. Not very pretty :shock:. So I will start the three rows of garter and hope to join in tonight. See ya all at 11:30 :thud::roflhard::roflhard:

auburnchick
12-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Don't forget...that's Eastern time! The rest of us need to plan accordingly! Some of us get to party longer, I guess! :teehee:

rachejm
12-31-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm thinkin I might frame it or something, I don't really use handknitted dishcloths so I'm better off doing a keepsake.
Right, I will probs check back periodically through the night rather than being on constantly so I can spend some time with my family downstairs.
Its 9:15PM GMT, gonna cast on and knit those three rows then wait til 11:00PM and start the chart, I'd never manage to stay up much past 3, particularly where wine is involved, so I better start early since I'm a few hours ahead.

Shandeh
12-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Yay! I'm glad everyone is raring to go! :hug:

Now, PLEASE don't feel obligated to stay online until 3 in the morning. I'm only doing it so I can say "Happy New Year" to everyone in the US at the appropriate time. The rest of you can just sign in when you want, and pop in to say hello.

Tomorrow morning, we can all post photos of our work so far. Maybe some of us will finish our knitting. We'll see. :wink:

I finally chose my yarn from my stash. It was SO HARD! :help: I'm one of those that says, "Well, I might want to use that for another project....maybe I should use something else."

I'm so silly...What is WRONG with me? Yarn is for KNITTING, not for HOARDING. :teehee:

So, I decided to use one of my favorite colors in my stash. Robin's Egg Blue "Sugar 'n Cream" by Lily. I've also chosen a pretty cherry red, in case I decide to do two colors. We'll see what I feel like when the time comes. :)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2166/2152152531_62cbd81608.jpg

lelvsdgs
12-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Yay! TONIGHT is our Knit-Along!
Everybody get your yarn and needles ready!
(I still haven't picked mine out yet!) :teehee:

I'm thinking that we could go ahead and cast on our stitches now, and knit 3 rows. Then we'd be ready to do the chart together.

I wonder if I will be able to finish mine tonight from 11:30 PM to 3:30 AM? That would be cool.

lelvsdgs, if you want, you could just use ANY yarn from your stash for the cloth, and keep it as a memento instead of using it as a dishcloth. I know that one of our knitters is planning on keeping theirs in a scrapbook! :)
What a great idea!!! I was planning to keep it as a memento anyhow! I have some great yarn that will be perfect. Unfortunately, I am still at work but I will catch up with everyone later!
This is going to be so much fun!!!:happydance:

Eloewien
12-31-2007, 07:18 PM
I just hope y'all enjoy the patterns!

rachejm
12-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Midnight in the UK, Happy New Year Everyone!

BinkyKat
12-31-2007, 08:04 PM
I have a hot date with a younger man tonight! My 2 year old godson/nephew. I'll be sure to have some knitting, but their computer is in the basement so I won't be readily online, but maybe if he goes to bed I will try it later on! Times like this I will my computer was a laptop/portable!
Happy New Year and let the fun begin!!:hug:

ladyjessica
12-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Can I join this too? My dad's in the hospital and my mom's with him, so I'm all alone tonight. Keep in mind I've never used a chart before, so I will need some serious help. lol.:waving:

auburnchick
12-31-2007, 08:50 PM
You know we'll help you, Jessica!

misha rf
12-31-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm cast on & ready to go! I'm using Peaches & Creme in Sunburst. Or, as I prefer to call it, #20 Orange! :rofl:

What time are we supposed to start knitting the pattern? Or does it really matter?

And Happy New Year, rachejm!! :clink:

auburnchick
12-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Well, I'm in the chat room already... :teehee:

auburnchick
12-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Ok, knitters...we're in the chatroom...come on over!!!!!

Shandeh
01-01-2008, 01:19 AM
So many chatters! We locked up the system at midnight EST, because everyone was trying to say Happy New Year at the same time. :roflhard:

Foxyie
01-01-2008, 01:41 AM
i just wanted to pop in here and wish everyone a happy new year!!

GiddyKnitter
01-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi all
It's 6 20am here and I have just got up! So I would like to wish everyone A Happy New Near x

GiddyKnitter
01-01-2008, 02:22 AM
Sorry that should read Happy New Year!! I only half did my wash cloth I am going to try and finish it now xx

auburnchick
01-01-2008, 05:37 AM
Well, it's 3:36am, and I just finished. I'll try to take a decent picture of it after I sleep this off. :teehee:

My cloth did not come out very well...yarn was too dark. But it was a fun experience! Good to chat with y'all!

gingerbread
01-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Oh what a wonderful night we had. Couple of over loads but it was fun. I don't know if chat ever had that many people chatting. :happydance: So I just want to say it was fun somewhat knitting and chatting waiting for the New Year to come in. I wonder Sandy how long did you stay up?:shock::shock:
Again Happy New Year and now I will try to do more of my dishcloth.

WshUpnASta
01-01-2008, 09:49 AM
how many people were in the chat last night at midnight?

Shandeh
01-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I only half did my wash cloth I am going to try and finish it now xx
You did more than me! I only did 7 rows of the chart last night, and this morning, I've done a whopping ONE more. :teehee:

Well, it's 3:36am, and I just finished. I'll try to take a decent picture of it ...........it was a fun experience! Good to chat with y'all!
Yay! You did it! If I had stayed in chat for 3 more minutes, I would have seen it complete. :woohoo:

Oh what a wonderful night we had.......it was fun somewhat knitting and chatting waiting for the New Year to come in. I wonder Sandy how long did you stay up?:shock::shock:
It WAS fun! I was actually laughing out loud several times.
:muah: I stayed on until 3:33 AM, then I collapsed in bed.

how many people were in the chat last night at midnight?
At one time, we had 19 KHers in the chatroom. It was fun!
:woohoo:

Here are some shots of my dishcloth in progress.
First color change:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2301/2154695756_c3bd0ed582.jpg

The back of my work, showing all the strands of yarn:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2388/2153903285_abda2034db.jpg

Here is all I could possibly get done last night, in the midst of trying to chat at the same time. :teehee:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2326/2154696782_63368b73d7.jpg

I highlighted the chart as I went, and completed 7 rows.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2044/2153904435_863ab434ae.jpg

THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE KNIT-ALONG!
:heart: :grphug: :heart:

misha rf
01-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I managed to finish half of it last night. Maybe I'll get the other half done today. Auburnchick, I can't wait to see how yours turned out!

kellyh57
01-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I finished up to the border. My computer was dying and my baby was being a pain so I didn't finish nor get back online...oh well. I'll post a picture later after I finish it!

Kelly

Shandeh
01-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's finished items!

It will be neat to see the different colors. :)

Samsam
01-01-2008, 12:15 PM
At like 11 something I fell asleep at my laptop..then woke up and turned the computer off after it froze. The chat was fun though =)

auburnchick
01-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Sandy, remember that you are an hour ahead of me. I stayed up another hour after you. :teehee: Oh, and i :heart: how your's is turning out! Such smart lady!

Her's a picture of mine. You can see the pattern...when you stand on a chair above it. :wink:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2168/2155349190_c8a0aaaf97.jpg

WshUpnASta
01-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I havent started mine yet. I am on the last stripe of the harry potter scarf. there are 22 rows for each stripe. I have 20 more rows of burgundy to go. Then of course to finish off the edges with fringe.

rachejm
01-01-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm about half-way through mine. I managed to stay up til 3AM UK time but had to retreat to knit in bed because I was cold sittin by the pc.

lelvsdgs
01-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, I got up and finished mine this morning. I am happy to have completed my very first Charted design! I got pretty lost in the chat room so bowed out. It was fast and furious in there! My cloth is in the dryer now and I will post a photo when it is done. Not my best work, but good for a first try! Thanks to everyone for sharing all of this. It was really fun!

kellyh57
01-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Here's mine! I used Sugar & Cream in Cornflower blue (I think). I have no idea why I bought it. I think maybe it looked like it'd match my kitchen in the store! Oh well. It'll do. It's just a dishcloth after all. I added a blank row or two when I realized that it was going to be longer than tall. I knew that it was longer one way or the other, but I can never remember which.

Kelly

Northknitter
01-01-2008, 07:38 PM
The dishcloth, wonderful, had to work today Jan. 01, but, will try to get going on it. I hope question isn't too silly, but, the 2008, and the other stuff, are those purl stitiches. thanks..

And quite often one tries to remember '''when did I knit this or that""...now we know when.

Shandeh
01-01-2008, 09:40 PM
At like 11 something I fell asleep at my laptop..then woke up and turned the computer off after it froze. The chat was fun though =)
Poor thing! You were tired!

Sandy, remember that you are an hour ahead of me. I stayed up another hour after you.
Her's a picture of mine. You can see the pattern...when you stand on a chair above it. :wink:
Oh, that's right! :doh: I'm such an airhead....:teehee:

Your knitting looks great! :thumbsup:

I havent started mine yet. I am on the last stripe of the harry potter scarf. there are 22 rows for each stripe. I have 20 more rows of burgundy to go. Then of course to finish off the edges with fringe.
Yay on your Harry Potter scarf! :cheering:

I'm about half-way through mine. I managed to stay up til 3AM UK time but had to retreat to knit in bed because I was cold sittin by the pc.
It's cold at my computer too! If it wasn't for my electric footwarmer and down comforter, I would have gone to bed too!

Well, I got up and finished mine this morning. I am happy to have completed my very first Charted design! I got pretty lost in the chat room so bowed out. It was fast and furious in there! My cloth is in the dryer now and I will post a photo when it is done. Not my best work, but good for a first try! Thanks to everyone for sharing all of this. It was really fun!
I'm so glad you enjoyed the knit-along! :hug: And congratulations on doing your first chart. :woohoo:

And you're right....the chatroom was busy! :eyes:

Here's mine! I used Sugar & Cream in Cornflower blue.
Beautiful!

........the 2008, and the other stuff, are those purl stitiches. thanks..
It depends on which side you are working on.
On the front side, the dark stitches are purls, and the other stitches are knits.
On the back side, the dark stitches are knits, and the other stitches are purls.

OR, you can knit the entire cloth in stockinette, and do color-changes for the dark stitches. (that's what I did)

misha rf
01-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Finished mine about a half hour ago. Took several shots (in 3 different rooms!) before I could find lighting and backdrops that worked. Let's hear it for fluorescent light and washing machines!! (It worked the best of the three.)

Eloewien
01-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Wow- they look great!!

misha rf
01-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Thank you for designing them! It was fun to knit, and was the first time I've worked straight from a chart!

Shandeh
01-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Great job, Misha! :wink:

I'm still working on mine.

I had to leave the house to teach piano lessons today, and it was FREEZING outside. The wind chill factor really did a number on our temperature. It felt like we had been transported to a northern state for a day.

I'm just not used to cold weather like that. :teehee:
I'm a southerner all the way.

rachejm
01-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I finished mine, pics are on my blog which is linked in my sig.

Shandeh
01-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Great job, rachejm! I love all the different colors! :inlove:

snowbear
01-03-2008, 04:50 PM
It's been a hectic few days.. but I had a great time at the KAL... It was one of the best NYEve I've spent in quite a while.. Thanks sooo much Shandeh for hosting this and keeping everyone going.

I would love to see this done once a month.. or so.. maybe not as long..but an evening.. etc. Just for fun.. anyone else?

maybe we could change topics.. like.. happy valentine, happy st Pat's, etc.

Shandeh... the ball is in your court... You're our fearless leader and organizer.. and an awesome moderator. I don't mean to heap more on you.. but this was just awesome!

auburnchick
01-03-2008, 06:38 PM
That would be fun! Maybe do a different dishcloth pattern each month? That way we knit one up in a day. School is just about to start, but I could try to squeeze in one night of fun for the next couple of months.

Shandeh
01-03-2008, 10:33 PM
That WOULD be cool, wouldn't it? :)

Maybe we can take turns hosting it. And we could set it up at a time that's convenient for everyone. Like on a Sunday afternoon or something.

auburnchick
01-03-2008, 11:06 PM
I would be willing to host, but it will have to be after school is over in March. I can't commit before then. I want to have the flexibility to pop in and out before then, though.

Eloewien
01-04-2008, 01:43 AM
I would be willing to design if you give me a theme- I have fun with it!!

The.Knitter
01-04-2008, 03:06 AM
It truly was a fun experience. I did not knit the dishcloth because DH was trying to sleep as he had to get up for work at 3:30 a.m. If I had turned on a light to knit, it would have woken him up. However, I had a wonderful time chatting with all of you.

Thanks Shandeh for hosting such a wonderful "party". I had a great time. You are "da bomb" my friend!

Shandeh
01-04-2008, 05:46 AM
You guys are the BEST! :)

I had fun too. It was neat to hook up with you all to bring in the new year.
:grphug:

The only thing I see coming up that might be a good time for a knit-along would be Super Bowl Sunday (February 3rd). But, that would be a purely American thing.

Would that appeal to any of you? I'm not sure what we could make.....maybe a dishcloth representing our favorite football team, or if we are not football fans, we could do a Valentine's Day item.

Or, we could wait until February 10th, and just focus on Valentine's Day.

Any thoughts?

snowbear
01-04-2008, 06:36 AM
:aww: uh... I haven't missed a Superbowl since it started.. I've watched at least some part of it each year...

How about 2-10.. If you want me to host it, I'd be glad to. We could focus on Valentines and have fun.. let me know... and let's hear from all of you... how about 2-10? I promise to have games & fun projects ..let me know what time wld be best...
:knitting:

rachejm
01-04-2008, 08:01 AM
It was good fun to know that we were all knitting the same thing at around the same time, problem for me was that I was asleep before many of you came online so I missed out on the chat, I'd love to do another one though.

I also have the problem of going back to University, from the 7th Jan until Good Friday so my participation really depends on my deadlines.

auburnchick
01-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm up for whatever the consensus wants. Superbowl Sunday would be a great day to have our gathering, though.