PDA

View Full Version : Hobby Lobby Mosaic Twist

crystalmc14
12-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Please help! I bought 12+ skeins of this yarn that is normally $6.50 for just $.99...over a year ago. I am having a VERY difficult time (as a 2 yr knitter) figuring out its gauge. It's super bulky, but closer to bulky. Except patterns are very hard to convert! Half-unrolled balls are causing my nervous knitter self to nearly unwind myself! Please help..ha. Any suggestions, much appreciated.

bethany
12-23-2007, 08:46 PM
are you looking for patterns in bulky then? What kind? Are you on the Ravelry website at all? You can search what people are doing with a particular yarn...if you are not on there, tell us what you're looking for and I'll search for you...

photolady
12-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Please help! I bought 12+ skeins of this yarn that is normally $6.50 for just $.99...over a year ago. I am having a VERY difficult time (as a 2 yr knitter) figuring out its gauge. It's super bulky, but closer to bulky. Except patterns are very hard to convert! Half-unrolled balls are causing my nervous knitter self to nearly unwind myself! Please help..ha. Any suggestions, much appreciated.

Oh, I love working with mosaic twist. It does need bigger needles, as I'm sure you know. I buy it when it's 99 cents, too.
I use a size 9 or 10 needle. Straight needles. When you cast on 10 stitches to a size 10 needle, how many inches is that?

suzeeq
12-24-2007, 09:44 PM
At least size 10s, 11s would probably be better or it would be too stiff or rough. It's 99 cents again this week, and I love several of the colors, just don't know what to make with it.

photolady
12-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I've made long, k2,p2 scarves for my brothers, and matching caps.
they love em, and say the cap and scarf keeps them warm in the cold weather!!

Rosemary
12-25-2007, 09:11 PM
I've made blankets for the local hospitals using Mosiac. Use at least 11 needles. These are for the babies and they love the bright colors.

I also use it to trim the hats for the newborns.

becjo
12-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I too bought 10 skeins of this yarn (how do you not for 99 cents) - but I'm making a shrug from the Lions Brand web site. Anxious to see how it turns out - I'm using 10.5 needles - the wrapper says to use size 13 or 15's - doesn't it? It is bulky - why I like it!