PDA

View Full Version : knitsimple winter 2007/08 Snowflake error ?????

Debbie
12-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Does anyone have this magazine? It has Vanna White on the front. I am trying to knit the snowflake that is on pattern # 30 Hooded Snowflake Cardigan ... I am just knitting the snowflake, not the sweater. The pattern for the snowflake is on page 89, bottom left. This should be so simple ...

CO 21 ... Row1 .. Knit ... BO ... 1 ... ok

Using cable cast-on method, cast on 3 sts .... ok

BO 3 sts ... so this 3 times ... Not 3 more times, right ... two more times for a total of three (if I do it 3 MORE times, I end up with 4 snowflake "arm" bumps.. believe me, I did this MANY times)
next ...
CO 3 sts, bind off 7 sts ... NOW .. THIS gives me 4 "bumps" instead of three ... again .... (picture page 53)

If I don't CO 3 more sts ... just bind off 7 I have the three bump snowflake arm and the sts. between the arms ... and it looks like the picture ...BUT I don't have enough sts left to make 6 snowflake "arms" ...
I have tried this at least a zillion times !!!! HELP !!! What am I doing wrong.
I think I will go try casting off 4 sts instead of 7...

Debbie
12-24-2007, 09:50 AM
I finally figured it out ! I can't believe I figured out how to do it when the pattern was wrong!!! I did it by "reading" my knitting and the picture in the magazine! I have been knitting about 3 years and FINALLY can read my knitting. I learned so much doing this it was worth the aggravation :)

Lisa R.
12-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm so glad you figured it out! I remember the first time I did something like that--it's a thrill like no other. (well, like most others!:) )

Congratulations! The snowflake looks great.

Jaxhil
12-24-2007, 08:06 PM
:woohoo:Congratulations!! That's great that you figured it out by yourself! Feels great, right?!

And your snowflake-:muah:-I love it!! :thumbsup:

justplainbeth
12-26-2007, 04:27 PM
What was the final decission on what the pattern reads? I have this mag.. and was going to make up a bunch as ornamnents for assorted people for next year

iwouldratherbeknitting
12-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Yes, could you tell us 'what you did' to make it work? The snowflake looks great and I might try to make some 'now that the busy time' is over.
Thanks..

Debbie
12-29-2007, 11:32 AM
I am out of town till the 6th and did not bring the mag with me... when I get home I will knit another snowflake ... AND ... write down what I did and let you know the changes to the pattern . I should have brought it with me ......