PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about Christmas gift - advice, pls.

chie96
12-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I am embarrassed to ask this, but I need some honest advice about a gift I rec'd. from DH. I am so new to knitting - and this may be a great, great gift, but...

I usually knit with Clover bamboo needles. I have tried the metal ones and do not like them. Looking online before Christmas I discovered Lantern Moon and fell in :heart: with their rosewood needles. For Christmas, I asked for one pair in a size I didn't already have. I just thought it would be a special treat to have those beautiful needles to use on occasion.

DH, being such a generous man, bought a six-pr. set of Colonial rosewood needles in a Clover tapestry case on eBay - and I don't think that I like them :help: I feel awful. I also already have four of the six sizes (6, 11,13,15), if that makes a difference. The one sz. I'd like two prs. of - sz. 8 - was not in the set, LOL!

Am I being really petty? I honestly don't know. DH was sooooo proud of himself, but he also found out (after he bought these) that I wanted the Lantern Moon ones and told my mother that he may have jumped the gun on buying the needles.

What would you do?

Knitting_Guy
12-25-2007, 12:17 PM
I'd say give him a big hug and accept them in the spirit in which they were given. It really is the thought that counts.

fibrenut
12-25-2007, 12:20 PM
If my hubby did that for me (whether they were the right ones or not, just that he even got them) I would plant a nice wet one right on his kisser!!:muah: :present:

GinnyG
12-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I agree with the others, what a great guy to try so hard!!! Keep them and use them and every time you do you will think about what a great fella you have. Different needles have different uses and you may find these needles perfect for some projects.

chie96
12-25-2007, 12:39 PM
TY all so much. You are right - he tried so darned hard, and I would hate to hurt his feelings. I hope you all have a wonderful day :muah:

GiddyKnitter
12-25-2007, 01:10 PM
What a great hubby...cherish those needles ....you can always buy the Lantern Moon ones in the size you want at a later date

Quiara
12-25-2007, 01:51 PM
You can never have too many needles. ^_^ I have 3 sets of interchangeables and a 3-drawer desk storage container full of at least another span ... and that's just the circs! DPNs get their own storage....

Anyway, point is: he tried and it's a really sweet thought. Can't blame the muggles for the ocassional flub on specifics. (Hey, at least you wound up with knitting needles and not crochet hooks - some people can't keep 'em straight...)

nannaknits
12-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I would be tickled to death if my husband did that for me. I have a ton of needles and use them all. Some times the same size needle from different manufacturers will give you a different gauge. So keep these and some day get your Lantern Moon's too. You can never have enough. LOL

fibrenut
12-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Aww heck, Valentines Day isn't all that far away.... wink wink!!:thumbsup:

chie96
12-26-2007, 10:09 AM
And my birthday is even before that - LOL!!!