PDA

View Full Version : FOs for Christmas

ladyjessica
12-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I'll start by saying, I hope everybody here had a lovely Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate). :)

After feverishly finishing my Christmas knitting (all of which DID NOT get done :whistle: ) I have to say, Shew! hehe. I finished these a few days ago, but I haven't had time to post until tonight after everybody has returned to their respective homes.

The first project is an afghan I made for my sister. (She LOVED it!) :) The pattern is from a Leasure Arts booklet and it's called 'Exquisite' and I used Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Red. I was skeptical as I was knitting but I think it turned out really nicely.

The second project is Ron's Animal Crackers Hat from Charmed Knits, which I made for my nephew. He's 4, and I made the adult size and it just fit him, so I guess maybe I should check my tension. hehe. The pattern called for Rowan Big Wool, so I splurged and actually used that. I have so much left over, I think I need to make myself one using the pink as the MC, and maybe with bigger needles. hehe.

Anyhoo, sorry for the long post. Here are the pics. Blessings to everybody, and Happy New Year!

The.Knitter
12-25-2007, 10:04 PM
I just love that blanket. It is beautiful. Great work. The hat is cute too!!

ritaw
12-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Beautiful work :)

Slim
12-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow, that afghan is gorgeous! I love the color. And your nephew's hat is so cute! Nice work.

italianchildhood
12-26-2007, 11:13 AM
They're both lovely.
I love the afghan! And the little hat too.

becjo
12-26-2007, 12:00 PM
I made that same blanket in Bulky Wool - talk about warm - it is a beautiful pattern! I really enjoyed doing it - it was interesting to do. It was a present so I want to do another one for me.

nannaknits
12-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Just beautiful! Nice work.

ladyjessica
12-27-2007, 07:18 PM
I made that same blanket in Bulky Wool - talk about warm - it is a beautiful pattern! I really enjoyed doing it - it was interesting to do. It was a present so I want to do another one for me.

I enjoyed doing this one, too. I'd also like to make one for myself at some point in a lighter color, but not right now. I need a break from the afghans for awhile. I never thought about using bulky yarn - did you still use 2 strands or just one. This was the first time I've used the Simply Soft and I really enjoyed it....the finished afghan is so warm and soft. I didn't want to give it away. :teehee:

ah
12-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Cute hat! The blanket is exquisite.

dmknits
01-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Nice work on the multi-colored hat! And what a beautiful afghan! :inlove:

scout52
01-03-2008, 01:40 AM
I LOVE that afghan!! it came out so pretty!! i made a scarf in that same color for my little sister last year. i may have to make a blanket now.

dustinac
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
I love the afghan!! So pretty... The hat looks great :thumbsup:

Abbily
01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Jessica, the afghan is absolutely gorgeous!! I know the recipient loves it! :) The hat is awesome too!

auburnchick
01-03-2008, 12:12 PM
:passedout:

GREAT job! :thumbsup:

ladyjessica
01-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks so much for all the kind words. :hug: I learned this morning that my 4 year-old nephew has decided to claim the afghan as his and as such has managed to pull some of the loops out of place. :mad: I don't live near them so I can't fix it, and my sister can't get them back in place either. Only the promise of his very own blanket got a promise that he wouldn't touch it. We'll see how this goes. hehe.

Knit Princess
01-04-2008, 11:06 PM
I would have had a really hard time giving away the blanket - it's beautiful!!!

ArtLady1981
01-05-2008, 02:57 AM
Wonderful work! Love the color of the afghan! Dontcha just love that Caron Simply Soft? I knew it was CSS even before I read your words! It has that soft luster!

Thanks for sharing all your work! :thumbsup: