PDA

View Full Version : What did YOU get for Christmas?

newamy
12-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Someone has to start this topic, so I will. What Knitting Items did you get for Christmas?

I got Knit Picks Classic Circular needles, the 16 inch length in sizes 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8.

I got the newly released Knitting Around DVD with Elizabeth Zimmerman and Meg Swansen.

2 skeins of Lion Brand Fancy Fur that my son bought me with his own money.

AND a 100 dollar gift card to a yarn store. It's not in my neighborhood, it's near my parents- 3 hours away- mom said it's partly for Christmas and partly for my birthday and then she increaed the amount to help off set the cost of gas. Plus she wants me to visit. I could shop their on line but it is a nice shop and I've only been there once.

What other great knitting things did people get??

katiebug081504
12-26-2007, 12:47 AM
I got an antique swift from my grandma, some yarn spools/bobbins from my sister, and some wool from my mom.
Here is the swift (It's been repaired). I've posted about it before.

cdjack
12-26-2007, 12:48 AM
My mom got me a swift and ball winder. My dh gave me some Araucania nature cotton and some Blue Sky cotton. :woohoo:

Jennmarie68
12-26-2007, 01:07 AM
My sister's got me a $40 Peace Fleece gift certificate :woohoo:

Mrs. Columbo
12-26-2007, 01:13 AM
I had wanted to get a new sewing machine for the last year ... old
boyfriend gave me one about 10 years ago, a little Omega Denim Machine to make my mohair bears ... it wouldn't even go through the mohair so I hardly used it .. when I moved here three years ago to marry my good husband I brought the machine with me as I had no other ... I did make some window toppers but that was the extent of it mostly because the thread constantly knotted up ...

When I became interested in crazy quilting I mentioned to my husband that I would like to get a machine that also did embroidering ... he knew that I didn't sew much and said he would get me a machine if I thought I would use it ... I had wanted to make a couple of dog coats so I made one on my old machine ... I spent more time taking out knotted up bobbin thread
than I did actual sewing though I did eventually get it finished ...

I had gone out looking at machines a few months ago and examined practically all of them .. Pfaff, Brother, Singer, Bernina ... a lady at a quilting shop said that I "needed" the Bernina .. it was the "best for my needs" ... my limited little needs were not going to spend $6700.00 ... I had a demo on a Singer Futura and liked it because the embroidery software came with it and the others you had to buy it separately for around $700-$1000.00 ... a few days before Christmas the lady from the Singer shop called me and asked if I would still like the machine .... normally she would not have had any in until sometime in January but someone had ordered one and then decided they did not want it so she had one at the warehouse .... I picked it up last week ... I will get lessons, as many as I need ... she is a quilter and knows about CQ as well ... bonus. :)

iwouldratherbeknitting
12-26-2007, 02:07 AM
I bought myself some knitting books from amazon.com and they arrived in the mail right before Christmas.

I'll also buy myself some yarn this week too.. no one I know -knows anything about knitting , nor would they know what to buy me 'knitting wise' so, I leave that up to myself. ;)

Gertie
12-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Dear Hubby got me the Baby Surprise Jacket DVD. I had heard that the instructions for the BSJ were confusing. I'm glad I have the visual of it now. BSJ is on my Looong list of patterns I want to do. My want-to-knit-patterns exceed my life expectancy!

Each year we post our Christmas wish list on the fridge door. I had only a dress watch and the DVD listed. I got them both plus some other very nice gifts.

I hope all have safe travels this Holiday Season and have a healthy and great New Year.

Debkcs
12-26-2007, 02:17 AM
My sweet family . . . talk about surprises. The KnitPicks box had some yarn in a beautiful green and blue varigated, and some Addi Turbo's and a book. Can't be more specific because that box was left at my sons. The BIG gift they gave me is a new Cuisinart to replace my 17 year old one that was having trouble over heating almost every time I used it. WOW!!! I was so amazed!

The baby, of course, made out quite well. She loved the boxes and paper and the hippo that we bought her from IKEA.

pauly81
12-26-2007, 02:32 AM
I got a yarn sweft and ball winder, I asked for them so I could learn to dye yarn. I was dying yarn all day with food coloring and a microwave.:)

a.shin.grace
12-26-2007, 04:16 AM
Gift certificate to the local yarn store! Woohoooo!

wednesday
12-26-2007, 04:34 AM
Knitpicks Option set and 8 skeins of Wool/silk boucle hand painted yarn plus 2 skeins of thick/thin wool silk in the most amazing shades of blue/purple/green from DH ( my Mom helped him )

Twisted Sister knitting book from Mom & Dad plus some other great stuff

Zimmerman Almanac Book from sister

Made out like a bandit with all the other nice stuff I got :aww:

GinnyG
12-26-2007, 07:12 AM
I got a bathrobe that was much too small. DH is not very good in the gift department. But it's ok, before Christmas I ordered MYSELF a set of Options which I hope will arrive today.

ritaw
12-26-2007, 09:08 AM
I got an ipod and a popcorn bear teddy knitting kit and also 40 in vouchers for my lys .
I think my DH is finally learning lol. It is the fisrt time he has got me anything to do with knitting lol :)

knitncook
12-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I got a sheep. Well, a sheep plushie. My daughter made me a felt sheep plushie that is just SO cute. I also got a coupon for a "day off" from my middle child and my son gave me a sudoku game for the PS2. He told dh that he wanted to get me a PS2 game that I could win since I am so horrible at the games they play (I get lost just turning around on their RPG's). So cute. I also got a pair of Viking Brooches for our medieval society playing. Very lovely. Oh and my mother bought me bees through Heiffer.

dip's mom
12-26-2007, 09:16 AM
I got some row counters, a 'Chix with stix' bag and a ball winder and swift (the last two haven't arrived yet). My daughter and I are both looking forward to the ball winder and swift!!. I also got a 'I love to knit" charm for my key chain.

Lisa R.
12-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I got the KnitPicks harmony set (because I did my mom's shopping for her.:wink: )

My MIL found a 3-ring binder entitled The Complete Knitting Collection from the House of White Birches. Just glancing through it, it seems to have quite a bit of how to stuff and tons of patterns and things. I'm looking forward to exploring that.

MIL also gave us (dd and me) a couple of pairs of large needles (US 17's and 19's)

Oh, and dd gave me one of these yarn cutters (http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2716&PRODID=prd2780).

The yarn cutter was funny because first she has limited funds, and she asked me if she could get one for this lady we know who knits. I said I didn't think she needed to spend her money that way. A couple days later she asked if I would take her to JoAnn so she could by one for herself. I told her it was fairly expensive and didn't think she should spend her money on that.

In the meantime, I bought her one for her stocking. :-D

Then dh came to me and said he was taking her shopping and she wanted to go to JoAnn. I told him NOT to let her buy that because I'd already bought it. I got that 'you're SO slow" look and he said, "Perhaps she doesn't want to buy it for herself.!"

Oh, duh...she bought one for ME for Christmas. Boy did I make it hard on her to secretly get one for me! Poor kid! We had quite a laugh at our thinking alike when we both opened them on Christmas day! :cool:

Shandeh
12-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Most of my gifts were video games and movies. But I did get a couple gift cards to Michaels and Hobby Lobby! :)

I'm going to watch for sales and use coupons, so I can get a good deal. I'll probably use them to buy a couple nice knitting books.

ironmaiden
12-26-2007, 11:35 AM
GC to the yarn shop, some Malabrigo and baby alpaca, and Stargate SG-1 action figures.

Jaxhil
12-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I loved reading your stories-congrats on the new Sewing Machine :woohoo: I love to sew, so I know getting a sewing machine is a VERY exciting gift!!:teehee:

I enjoyed hearing about the yarn cutter story too-that sounds like something that would happen in my family! LOL.

I didn't get any knitting gifts, but I did get a *knitted* gift from my mother! A beautiful cream colored cotton drawstring bag (a Frugal Haus free pattern) filled with bubble bath soaps (4 bottles-woohoo!) and a gift certificate from Bath and Body works. Yah!

I did buy myself two knitting books before Christmas though, because I knew no one would get them for me :mrgreen: HA! So I did get knitting gifts after all.

:knitting: Happy knitting everyone!

chrislt8
12-26-2007, 12:01 PM
My Mom gave me the EZ Knitting Workshop DVD and book, my sister a GC to my favorite LYS and my niece/nephew gave me a GC to JoAnn's...Has such a nice holiday with knitting gifts a wonderful bonus! cloud9

WildMountainHoney
12-26-2007, 12:10 PM
I got permission to go shopping online after family left last night! I have knitting books, hiya hiya circular needles (00 and 000, 2 of each), a row counter bracelet and some stitch markers (from hide and sheep on etsy), and......um, some more sock yarn. AND I am finally getting new sound in my van (big ol' honda momma van) cd player that plays mp3s, AND new speakers too!!

The only thing I had under the tree was a pair of fur lined Crocs and a soniccare toothbrush - but I can't complain too much, all dh asked for (and is receiving) is time to work on his hobby - tube amps and home-made speakers.

Sanibelle
12-26-2007, 12:14 PM
I really lucked out... a bunch of GCs to my LYS, a bunch of AmEx GCs, a bunch of Macy's GCs, a GC for Border's and the most beautiful glass oil lamp. I also got one of the Senseo coffee makers but it does not work so my DH is bringing it back today for me.

mhansen
12-26-2007, 12:53 PM
I got 2 subscriptions to knitting magazines and 2 subscriptions to crocheting magazines and I got 3 gift cards for my LYS. Isn't it cool? And sweaters, scarves, pictures of grandkids. Love the pictures!!

Kels Joy.
12-26-2007, 01:04 PM
one of my best friends at school got me three balls of some fun lion brand fun fur that i've already turned into a funky scarf, another friend got me one ball of pink furry yarn that i don't know what i'll make with it, and my parents got me a 100 dollar pre-paid visa card along with some other great stuff [like a Wii!!!] and i plan to use it on buying some yummy new yarn!

also the complete series dvd's of gilmore girls, which i fully intend on watching while knitting lol.

kristinw
12-26-2007, 01:05 PM
DH got me a swift, some Lantern Moon needles, and a $50 GC to the LYS. I also got a $30 GC to the LYS from another relative! YAY!!

mdog182
12-26-2007, 01:06 PM
my favorite presents were knitting related....with maybe the exception of my new programmable coffee maker.

-2008 knitting calendar
-knitting lingerie style book
-size 13 lantern moon needles
-600 yards of handspun laceweight cashmere

jjminarcik
12-26-2007, 01:12 PM
DH got me a ball winder!! I also received several knitting books, travel pattern kit, and a Lantern Moon knitting organizer case.

aslangirl
12-26-2007, 01:22 PM
From brother and SIL: Suss Cousins Home Knits, One-Skein Wonders, and Vogue Knitting Crocheted Scarves and Crocheted Scarves Two.

Kind of funny, because I don't really crochet, but my brother (who works for Patternworks) said he knewI liked to knit scarves, so he thought I'd like to crochet them too--I do like to knit scarves, but I'm still a moderately new knitter, so I haven't done much else yet! But it was sweet nonetheless, and now I have a good reason to learn to crochet!

From my mother, 6 skeins of Lion brand yarn : three a multi-colored boucle, and three a black, purple, and blue fun fur. :shrug:

itsjustmeghan
12-26-2007, 01:28 PM
i had a very knitty christmas!!!
-my dh got me a lendrum single treadle spinning wheel, some fiber, and the amos spinning book (birthday/christmas/mother's day/the rest f my life present)
-my parents got me all of the elizabeth zimmerman books they could find
-my brother got me charmed knits
-my other brother & girlfriend got me 2 skeins lorna's laces & the spin to knit book
-that brother also worked with my dad and built me an AMAZING oak warping board for me to dye my sock yarns on! i just need to varnish it and i'll be ready to go! wahoo!!!

sea-kayaker
12-26-2007, 02:18 PM
DH gave me the one thing I asked for... A Mother Marion Kick Spindle. I love it, it is so much fun to use! And beautiful to look at!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/kayak4ever/motherrmarion.jpg

debinoz
12-26-2007, 02:30 PM
I got a laptop and the computer game Zuma. Oh, and a new washing machine.... not really for Christmas, but it beats doing laundry by hand.

Knitting_Guy
12-26-2007, 02:41 PM
The only knitting related gift I received was the pleasure of being able to give some gifts I had knit. What could be better?

DQ
12-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I only got a few knitty pressies but they're nice ones :mrgreen:

From DH --> Mosaic Knitting ( the revised edition) by Barbara G Walker :woot: I've been wanting it for AGES :woot: :woohoo::yay::cheering::heart:

From big brother --> A 10 voucher for www.getknitted.com (http://www.getknitted.com) :woot:

From Aunty --> A lovely little kit to knit a pair of pink slippers :cheering:

I've also got 10 cash that I might treat myself to something knitty with...

OH and I gave a knitted gift, a scarf, to my brothers girlfriend (and possible future sister in law if he proposes like I suspect he might!) but she lives over in America so I've no idea if she likes it or not >_<

Ronda
12-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Knitting-related items:
1. The Total Tote, which I love.
2. Harmony cable needles.
3. KnitPicks yarn.

Non-knitting-related items:
Lots of Satsuma from The Body Shop. An electric oil diffuser from The Body Shop. A sofa table made by my father. Money. Three CDs and an iPod Nano!

candicane
12-26-2007, 03:14 PM
DH gave me some options needles (2 fixed 16" sizes and some nickle interchangeables) and some of the plastic pouches.

My parents gave me Teva Durham's new booklet and the yarn to make the Peasant Blouse. As well as a very generous check to do with what I please. I am thinking Rowan Sweet Life Ashbury bag and the rest to go to savings.

I knit my Mom the Luxe Neck Warmer from Knit Two Together out of Colinette Prism.

I knit my sister a beaded pulse warmer from Knitting Classic Style. I still owe her Urchin in Colinette Prism, but the yarn did not arrive in time.

My brother actually asked to go shopping at the yarn store last Saturday so he could pick out 2 yarns for hats for himself. I have one almost done already. I love to make him hats because he really seems to appreciate them.

I am a very lucky girl!

redheadrachel
12-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Six skeins of some vintage acrylic from Goodwill (I think) from my grandma, who smokes a LOT...
So yeah.

But I did get all three seasons of THE OFFICE! :D

Maddison
12-26-2007, 03:30 PM
I got some JoAnn $$. My DH bought me a gold and diamond bracelet. I don't wear bracelets or gold but, what the heck, it's pretty enough and he tried so hard! My little boy (2) gave me poopy pants and a temper tantrum :teehee: . My doggie shed more fur on me and tried to run away from home when the smoke detector went off :rofl: . I think I like the bracelet and JoAnn $$ the best. :aww:

Plantgoddess+
12-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Sounds like everyone did well for Christmas,congratulations and enjoy all your gifts.

gingergal4l8r
12-26-2007, 04:06 PM
I got 4 knitting books....

Knitting Patterns for Dummies
KNnitting with Balls
compliments of my bratty brother...
Quick Knits to Wear
and the 2008 Calender of Knitting.

Love them all.....

lostchyld
12-26-2007, 04:25 PM
I got Harmony Circs in US1-3 and KP Gloss yarn with the pattern for the holiday socks. Mum also gave me the book Favorite Socks from Interweave. The best of the knitting items was a sewn bag that's just the right size for a pair of socks. The best knitting present was the look on my sister's face when she really looked at the scarf I made for her. It was just the MSCS pattern, but she thinks it's neat. I really like the scarf she crocheted for me, too. Busy Girl that she is, she crocheted me a scarf, managed to sneak fabric and make a polar fleece hockey themed blanket for Mum and thought up the best gifts for everyone. She's really the only one who gives gifts that people 100% like without asking what they'd like beforehand. She just knows.

The absolute best part of Christmas was when we were leaving my grandparent's house and Dad went on a ninja gift giving spree. It was so fun to see him run up to Grandpa's house to drop off the present and run away before they had a chance to say no. He was smiling and laughing and being very different from his usual self.

HollyP
12-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Knitting wise I got Kp options interchangeable set, a set of 3- 24 hour pattern books( knittting, crochet, and sewing), Textured Knits book, and sock yarn. My favorite thing was the story of the sock yarn because my youngest brother bought it a his LYS for me. He was completely clueless about buying yarn and his explaining the process of going into the ys and buying it was priceless!

Mulderknitter
12-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Six skeins of some vintage acrylic from Goodwill (I think) from my grandma, who smokes a LOT...
So yeah.

But I did get all three seasons of THE OFFICE! :D
Aw, she meant well!:muah:
I got some lovely yummy Lantern moon straights in my favorite size, size 11, which is perfect for scarf making. I immediately frogged the scarf I was working on and threw it on those new needles for "revamping". Much better:roflhard:
Also a set of rosewood sock needles, very gorgeous!
a mug that says "fu** off I'm knitting " (but all spelled out, very perfect for me!)
a tee shirt that says knit-aholic
But dh went all out on the non-knitting side and got us dance dance revolution for our Wii! Way fun, but gosh am I out of shape! He kicked my butt!:passedout:

Spikey
12-26-2007, 07:17 PM
DH gave me 4 of the Yarn Harlot's books right before we left on our cruise. I was in heaven all week, either knitting or reading about knitting!
DM gave me three skeins of baby alpaca in a beautiful green colorwave. Now I have to figure out what they want to be.

annomalley
12-26-2007, 07:45 PM
I got the Knit Picks Options set (the nickel plated), a copy of The Knitters' Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd, Cables Untangled (so I can stop checking it out from the library), and Sweater Design in Plain English. :)

I've taken some of my money and ordered the other three cables for the Options set, the Magic Loop book, and the Knit Picks nickel plated DPN set, size 0 through 3. Of course, I won't get those until after the new year, but that's okay. I've got other things to keep me occupied until then. :)

As for non-knitting related items, I received a new food processor and a new set of kitchen knives.

julier803
12-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I got the knit Picks Options set, 5 skeins of different pink novelty yarns, the book Friday Night Knitting Club, and the Lion Brand speed stix! This is my first christmas as a knitter - so it was a lot of fun! :)

auburnchick
12-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Santa gave me a knitting magazine in my stocking. I also got money for a project organizer on KP. My mil was going to order it for me, but when she found out it wouldn't get here in time for Christmas, she decided to give me the money for it. I'm going to get the lace blocking kit instead...with her blessing. I also got a tote/basket to put my yarn in and a long dpn holder and money. I'll probably put the money towards paying off my new laptop...despite the deep desire to order some of the famous Mmmmmm that I've heard about but have never actually seen.

My boss gave me a 2008 knitting calendar...

cloud9

a.shin.grace
12-26-2007, 11:23 PM
I got 4 knitting books....

Knitting Patterns for Dummies
KNnitting with Balls
compliments of my bratty brother...
Quick Knits to Wear
and the 2008 Calender of Knitting.

Love them all.....
That's adorable, bout your bratty bro =]

I'll bet he's hoping sis knits him half the stuff in that book! How is that one, by the way? I've got Son of Stitch N Bitch which has been aweeeesome!

Quiara
12-27-2007, 12:16 AM
I got KP Options, 2 sk. Malabrigo in Lime Blue, a ball winder, Yarn Harlot by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and "Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair" by "Crazy Aunt Purl," KP gift certificates, HL GCs, GCs to LYS in Memphis (Yarniverse and Rainbow Yarns) and permission to get myself a swift, should the urge strike me. But perhaps I'll continue to use my nephew and/or a lamp and invest in some books/yarn instead. ^_^

Marj
12-27-2007, 12:44 AM
I got myself a ball winder(it arrives tomorrow). Also got a $100 Amazon gift certificate. I will use that on knitting books.

I also made myself a swift today. It is by no means expert but it will do for now.

Here is a picture, I hope.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2261/2139633673_4f202e854e.jpg?v=0

The.Knitter
12-27-2007, 12:50 AM
I got Nicky Epstien's Knitting Beyond the Edge. The only problem was that I wanted her Knitting ON the Edge. I will try to exchange it and see how I do.

Debkcs
12-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Marj, thanks for posting the picture of your homemade swift. Think I'll do that this coming weekend. Do you happen to know how to make a ball winder?:teehee:

Marj
12-27-2007, 01:31 AM
LOL

I wish. I bought my ball winder from Joann.com. I used their 50% off coupon. It comes off the regular price which is $50. So I got it for $25 + shipping. Right now that winder is on sale on their website for $35. There is also another one on sale for $24.

Swifts are just too expensive for me so I made my own. The supplies came to about $10.

scout52
12-27-2007, 02:05 AM
My BF and I got ourselves a Wii over thanksgiving since I was so sad I couldn't go home, so we didn't do much for christmas. (mulder I will defintley have to get dance dance revolution!!) But we played a lot of Wii!! I did get a Swift and a winder!! A namaste bag from my wonderful sister!! BF got me the new dean Koontz book (excellent by the way. I already finished it) a Stitch n Bitch 2008 calender

then i bought myself-knitting lingerie style-by Joan McGowan Michael (so many patterns i want to knit)and the reference book the Knitter's Book of Yarn-the ultimate guide to choosing, using and enjoying yarn by Clara Parkes. I highly recommend this book. So much good information and it has patterns! which i somehow did not notice when i bought it. I already finished this one as well. it had so much information on yarn that i never knew, that will be so helpful and hopefully make me a better knitter.

Dark Hippy
12-27-2007, 02:25 AM
For Christmas, I got.
- Two hanks of 100% silk yarn in Marble (It's a shimmery white with purple and pink handpainted in)
- A Lantern Moon needle case (I think he got tired of accidentally sitting on my needles!)
- One Hank of FIEST Boomerang hand painted yarn in RAIN FOREST
- A pair of diamond solitaire earrings ( I've been whining for them so I could wear them to the upcoming wedding!)
- One knitting class (The Beginner Bunch at SWAK in Guthrie, Oklahoma; it was a blast!) I :heart: that man.
- A friend of mine bought me two skeins of some sort of wacky colored chenille. It's black with neon rainbow threads in it. I love it!
- Another friend bought me fifteen balls of Silky Cashmere yarn, ten in blue and five in a color he won't tell me. (it's a surprise! he ordered it off yarn.com)
- Some handpainted silk yarn a friend of mine is dying just for mee!
AND My fiance's father gave me a sixty dollar gift certificate towards the yarn shop in the city near me (an hour away, but I don't complain against knitting stuff!)

I am so spoiled. >< But so buried in yarn and full of complete and total happiness!:happydance:

iwfinley
12-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Nothing actually knitting related, even though I had the KnitPicks sets on my lists, BUT got a new iPod that I can listen to (or watch, it's Nano with video) and I've already downloaded some knitting Podcasts!! Plus a new laptop (I'm using it right now) that I can use to connect to other knitters and yarn!!!!! I live kind out of in the middle of fields and farms so it's actually sometimes easier and cheaper (in terms of gas costs vs. shipping costs) to buy yarn online than to make the trip to Columbus to visit Michaels/Joann/Hobby Lobby.

jenlee
12-27-2007, 10:32 AM
knitting related I got size seven 16 inch options, size 2 harmony
dpns, the harmony cable needle set, a cute knitted sweater keychain
also the sock sampler from knit picks in nutreul but I wont get that
till later cuz it was on backorder. I also got a nintendo ds & brain age
2 game :woot: , a couple dvds and bath stuff & slippers. I was hoping for a couple knitting books so maybe I 'll do some after xmas shopping.

honeybunmom
12-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Dh gave me a $50 gift certificate to my LYS. I think I'm going to wait until their summer sale to use it, especially since I signed up for 2008 Stashbusters!

mks22300
12-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I got Options classic circs 16 inch sizes 0 and 1, Options with 24' and 32' cables and sizes 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10.5 (I'm glad I asked for two sets of cables with the troubles some of you have been having, I have to admit that I'm a bit scared to use them!) and I got a gift certificate from my brother and sister-in-law to the LYS near them. :cheering:

Songbirdy
12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I got the Options set. Thanks to someone here gifting me with one, I knew I would like them and my husband was very impressed. So he told me to order a set for myself. I also ordered the Options sock DPNS set. Very fun :)

Anyhow, that's most of it. I also received some Mary Kay body sugar, DZ droppies, honey, a calendar, and a jar of chocolates.

And it wasn't a Christmas Gift, but I was given a bell by my mother, which is awesome!

knitknut
12-27-2007, 07:17 PM
My son shopped from my wish list and got me Charmed Knits and More Sensational Knitted Socks. I got myself a set of Addi DPNs and some Mountain Colors sock yarn. (put them under the tree, wrapped and all). My kids went together and got me the locker box set of all of the Harry Potter hardbacks! Now I have my own!! Yay!!!

kellyh57
12-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I got both One-Skein Wonders (didn't know there were 2 until I got the first and it wasn't the one I'd seen! Who knows, maybe there's more!) and I got the KP Options. I don't have any knitting relatives or anyone to buy real knitting stuff for me, so the 2 books and needles are amazing!

Kelly

Jaxhil
12-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Everybody's gotten such great stuff!!

I posted before that I didn't get any knitting stuff, (except for the books I bought myself, Knit Two Together and Knitting Classic Style) but I did get a gift VisaCard...hehehe...so naturally I went to the LYS today to buy my present! :mrgreen:

Imagine my delight when I found they were having an inventory reduction sale and EVERYTHING in the store was 25% off-YAHOOOO!!!! Jackpot, baby!! :woot:

I am SO excited!! I got 8 skeins of Cascade 220 Heathers in the Spring Night colorway (to make my Central Park Hoodie), Barbara Walker's First Treasury of Knitting patterns (I've been wanting that for SOOO long-its great, btw!), and a shawl pattern, Shoalwater shawl? I think that's it.

Anyway I was so excited to get all these goodies at such a great price, I hadta share!

Shandeh
12-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Congratulations to everyone on your wonderful Christmas gifts!
:muah:

merryknitter
12-28-2007, 09:49 AM
I got a $50 Gift Certificate to my LYS! Acually, it was for my Birthday on Christmas Eve! Can't wait to go spend it!

I got some sweaters and tops...everything fits...yeah!

My favorite Christmas Gift was from my DH! I have been looking for dress brown shoes for 2 years! I have a Wide Width foot and it's very hard for me to find shoes. To my surprise, I opened this box and what do you think I saw? The most beautiful brown shoes I've ever seen AND THEY FIT! He ordered them online! Can you believe that?

This year was mind boggling...DH also gave me a SURPISE 50th Birthday Party 2 days before my Birthday on Christmas Eve...what a guy! He's a keeper for sure!

Have a great day!

michellebreton
12-28-2007, 10:19 AM
My Christmas was a Spinning Christmas. I got an Ashford Traditional on Ebay at the beginning of November so I had all spinning gifts on my list. My MIL had us shopping for ourselves this year, so between her and my DH this is what I got:

1. Six new bobbins
2. Handcards
3. Alden Amos Book
4. And my DH picked out some beautiful fiber all by himself for me. He got me a pound of blue merino and 1/4 lb of Alpaca. He said it felt so nice and soft so he got it! LOL!

My mother also got me a couple of bobbins and beautiful basket I was eyeing to put some of my knitting/ spinning stuff in!

Michelle

kkatt82
12-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Looks like everyone made out pretty well for Christmas!!!

My sweet hubby got me the Harmony interchangeable needles set AND the Harmony sock dpn set (0-3) yay!!! On top of that I got to go spend about $100 at my LYS... woohoo!!1

candicane
12-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Hilary,

I also have the Knitting Classic Style book and although I have only made one thing from it, I think I will make many more projects from it! I made my sister the beaded pulse warmer and I think it came out great!

I borrowed Knit Two Together from the library and I am addicted to the Luxe Neckwarmer pattern. As a person who does not like the dangly-ness of scarves, this is a great pattern.

candice

Jaxhil
12-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Yep, it has some really beautiful patterns, doesn't it? I really want to make the Ski Jacket, among other things! I'll have to look for the beaded pulse warmer, I don't think I saw that one!

And in K2Tog, I love the Tropical Garden Vest and the Pimlico Shrug-and several others as well. I like the neck warmer you mentioned, too! And I LOVE Daphne's Baby Cape!! Ahh, so many dreams so little time :teehee:

Crycket
12-28-2007, 07:58 PM
A bunch of yarn!

Some 50gm skeins of 100% wool, and lots of sock yarn...I love sock yarn!