PDA

View Full Version : I FIXED a cable!

Abbily
12-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I can't believe it! I'm making this (http://www.knittingdaily.com/freepatterns/pullovers/Welcome_Back_Old_Friend_Sweater77-1.html) sweater, and I crossed one of my cables the wrong way and didn't notice till 2 rows later. I actually managed to take those 4 rows down, recross the cable, and take the rows back up without having to frog! :)

Knitting_Guy
12-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Great job! Scary huh?

bip
12-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Atta girl! Did you post this sweater a few weeks ago when you were thinking about making it? If so, what yarn did you decide on? (I think there was a thread asking what yarn to make this out of, but I don't remember who posted it!)

Abbily
12-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks! Yeah, it was terrifying!
I probably did post it a few weeks ago... I'm using Lamb's Pride worsted in Victorian Pink. I love the yarn, and the cables are so gorgeous! It's my first cable project and it's going faster than I thought it would.

Mariblue
12-27-2007, 06:16 PM
:cheering: Well done!:cheering:

Songbirdy
12-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Way to go!

I still have to do that feat. I just tell people its like an Amish quilt. They put in a deliberately noticeable flaw because no human is perfect. So... I tell them... I'm just being perfectly imperfect ;)

Yay for you!:yay:

dmknits
12-27-2007, 08:30 PM
:cheering: Good job!

Knitting_Guy
12-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Way to go!

I still have to do that feat. I just tell people its like an Amish quilt. They put in a deliberately noticeable flaw because no human is perfect. So... I tell them... I'm just being perfectly imperfect ;)

:rofl: I've actually used that excuse!

Jaxhil
12-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Hooray!!! *SO* brave!! :cheering:

That is a beautiful sweater, and you must feel like a million bucks having fixed a boo-boo like that. I would!

Great job :thumbsup:

Abbily
12-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Way to go!

I have used that excuse too, and believe me, if I had noticed it more than 2 rows later, I would have used it again! :)

I still consider myself a 'new' knitter- I haven't even been knitting a year yet, so this is a big thing for me. :)

boo1
12-29-2007, 07:43 AM
I can do a cable but if I make a mistake, I'm not sure I would be able to fix it well. Maybe I'll get there one day....

Great job, and that's a beautiful pattern! Please post a pic when you're through!

Shandeh
12-29-2007, 09:24 AM
MOST impressive! http://bestsmileys.com/scifi/1.gif

WandaT
12-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Wow! I'm impressed - I don't think I would've even attempted that!!! Congrats!!! Now that you know you can fix a cable, you can fix almost anything! ... right? LOL

momwolf
12-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Here is a- how to fix cables-If anyone would like to bookmark it for future references
http://www.wolfandturtle.net/Yarnpath/index.php/Yarnpath/the_no_frog_mis_crossed_cable_fix/
Good for you for taking the giant step to do cables!!!!!! Not as scary as you thought.