PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of becoming an employee of my LYS

knitpurlgurl
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I am a teacher and have an autistic son (Asperger's Syndrome, to be exact). I will be quitting my job after this school year to homeschool my son. I'm so nervous that there will not be any money for yarn when I quit my job. I was thinking of working 2 - 3 nights a week at my LYS so that I get buy yarn. Is that crazy?

Mulderknitter
12-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Not at all! If they need people go for it! I am sure you will get a lovely discount and be able to knit when it is slow there! Also, from what I know not only about home schooling but Asperger's children, you may welcome the break!:muah: And if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, no harm no foul.

Songbirdy
12-28-2007, 07:15 PM
:teehee: I told my LYS owner that I'd be happy to work for yarn any time. ;)

Anyhow... nope, I don't question your logic at all!

Pudify
12-28-2007, 11:03 PM
As one with Aspergers herself, I say, GO FOR IT. Hell, I need a break from myself sometimes :roflhard: Sure im lovely and all that, but im also hard work .. maybe I should get a job in my LYS? .. If I could go out in public that is, which I cant .. looks like im going to have to stay home and knit then ;)

Doodknitwit
12-28-2007, 11:31 PM
i also work for yarn :roflhard: it is the greatest job...i can fondle yarn.. get new ideas and a discount!! when its slow i'm paid to knit..
:yay: :yay: :woohoo: :blooby: :X: :X: