PDA

View Full Version : I think this is wrong and it awful

Jakoh
01-01-2008, 09:25 PM
I wanted this so much that until half way through, i realised this is too small for me and it is alittle difficult to follow the instructions. As this is knitted top, down and .......:hair:

but my colleague seems to like it alot and will probably give it to her and maybe sell her at cost.... spend about USD53.00 on this project. :cry:

I think is abit out of shape.....

mhansen
01-01-2008, 11:55 PM
It's a beautiful color!!

cmhoover1
01-02-2008, 12:08 AM
I made a sweater not too long ago and it was too big. It looks great on a gal at work. You can rip it out and start again. I did on my latest, and I'm glad I did. I also splurged on the yarn and wanted to make something for myself out if it. Decide what's best for you!

WandaT
01-02-2008, 07:35 AM
That is so frustrating and disappointing! I'm so sorry. The color is beautiful though, and you COULD rip it out and make it bigger to fit yourself. I probably wouldn't want ti do it since it's completed, but at least it is an option.

dustinac
01-02-2008, 10:45 AM
:hug: it is a beautiful color and I think it looks great...

KnittingNat
01-02-2008, 12:21 PM
I think it has this retro 60's A shape to it, you can wear it with a little black dress. The colour is gorgeous, I must say...

italianchildhood
01-02-2008, 01:10 PM
It's lovely!
I guess if you can find a good home for it :) you could feel a little bit good about that.

dmknits
01-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm sorry it didn't turn out how you'd hoped. What did you decide to do?

Jakoh
01-10-2008, 11:03 PM
i might go for ripping it out and redo a new project rather than forgo the yarn.

shall look for a new design for this project!!!!

dmknits
01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
It sure is a pretty yarn. Hope you find a pattern that you like!

nonny2t
01-15-2008, 08:48 AM
You did a beautiful job. I am sorry it didn't fit you. I would wash it if it is machine washable and then block it instead of drying in the dryer and it should come out alright.

RosesArePurple
01-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Oh! Don't' be so hard on yourself. I know it's disappointing to make something and have it not come out *juuuust* right. I just got through ripping out the neck of a kid's sweater because my son couldn't even get his head through the neck hole!

And then, he wore it for three minutes, decided it was too scratchy and took it off! *sigh* I'll keep it as a "precious knit".

Hey! If you have a friend that wants it, then I say let it go! So it's asymmetrical. As Elizabeth Zimmerman (or her daughter Meg Swansen) said, there are no mistakes, only design elements!

I really don't think it's awful in the least. I'll bet you learned all kinds of new things making this and that stands for a lot.

Debkcs
01-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Don't rip it out, a lot of designers, like Sally Melville, make clothing with hems of different lenghts. Just wear it as if you meant the hem to be different!

MerigoldinWA
01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
It's always hard when something is all done and you realize it didn't come out as you wanted it to. The yarn is lovely and you spent quite a lot on it, so maybe you'd like to do another. I don't know what I'd do. Letting a little time go by sometimes helps me decide on things like this.

lelvsdgs
01-15-2008, 07:42 PM
i might go for ripping it out and redo a new project rather than forgo the yarn.

shall look for a new design for this project!!!!
That's what I would do especially since it's so pretty! I've had this kind of thing happen and I have finally decided to frog them and reuse the yarn. Just remember, these things happen to us all.:muah: