PDA

View Full Version : Organizing the stash

Eekee
01-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I spent most of yesterday organizing my bedroom and closet. This required finding storage for my knitting supplies. I got some white laminate stackable storage cubes and cloth boxes from Target. My bedroom now looks like a yarn store! Turns out I have a LOT of yarn! :lol: I knew it was a bunch, but since it's mostly been in plastic bags strewn about the house, I didn't fully appreciate quite how much it is. :eek: :clap:

I was at a LYS last week and saw a shirt that read, "If yarn were Meth, I wouldn't have any teeth."

I might need that shirt.

Ingrid
01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
:rofl: I NEED that shirt!!!!

bip
01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
On the other hand, if yarn were meth, I would be a lot skinnier...

(but I guess I'd rather have my teeth PLUS awesome FOs)

beckyrhae
01-03-2008, 01:54 PM
I love that! hehehe...

Had to add it to my signature. Might have to stitch it on my knitting bag...

justsmi
01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi! Just wondering what would happen if one was to put skeins of unballed yarn into one of those space saver vacuum bags?

Louisa
01-03-2008, 03:25 PM
I use the vaccuum sealed bags for my yarn all the time. It is a great way to save it from the cats and from getting musty in the basement. Also saves a lot of space.

justsmi
01-03-2008, 03:44 PM
I use the vaccuum sealed bags for my yarn all the time. It is a great way to save it from the cats and from getting musty in the basement. Also saves a lot of space.

thats so cool. i was cleanig my closet this past weekend, and yearning for more yarn, with no where to store it. I will definitely have to invest in some of those bags then (it will also help hide stash increases from DH, LOL)

kaytee
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
If yarn were meth!
LOL