PDA

View Full Version : sideways knit plain cardigan!?

VictoiseC
01-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Well, there's this beautiful completely simple cardigan in Weekend Knits but as usual (for me anyhow) I find a pattern I love and it's for a baby. Check out the picture. I've been searching over at knitting central but haven't found one yet.

Isn't this just sweet? (the baby has hers on backwards) You could knock off a few of these pretty fast I think.
I just have to learn how to convert to bigger... I know sort of how to do it but with sideways it might be tricky. Anyone make something like this?

Jan in CA
01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Sonnet is knit sideways. You could just leave out the pattern if you want all garter.
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/PATTsonnet.html

suzeeq
01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Sure, you'd just have to get out your tape measure; it doesn't seem to involve a lot of shaping, just at the neck. You would convert their gauge (sts/rows per inch) to inches and then into your gauge. Or use thicker yarn and larger needles, but likely you'll have to use measurements.

VictoiseC
01-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys! (gals) Oh yeah, I remember Sonnet now.
That is awfully similar isn't it? I think it'd we easier for me than converting measurements although I've got to learn that too....
Great! big thanks