PDA

View Full Version : FO: "Posey" Cardigan for Granddaughter!

ArtLady1981
01-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi! :waving:

Well, this past 3 weeks I shoulda been seaming my BORGHILD Viking Knits Cardigan, but I was too sick to seam. Not in the mood. No patience.

So I dug around in my Stash Yarn, and came up with 12 little girls' patterns and yarn to go with each! Fiona and Laila will get six sweaters each.

Here is the first sweater done, for Fiona, aged 8. Knit using six skeins of Rowan All Seasons Cotton. Six glass-like barrel buttons.
Knit all in one piece up to the armholes, so there was minimal seaming. Allowing for the flower motif in the decreasing areas was tricky...so this "easy" sweater turned out to be a bit of a head-banger! I found myself tinking and frogging a lot. Just had to get it right. :shrug:

Leisure Arts Leaflet #3971 "Knits for Kids" by Judy Lamb.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/FionasPoseyCardigan.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/FionasPoseySweater.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/3971_e.jpg

Newfygirl
01-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Beautiful work! I'm sure she will look adorable in it.

Jan in CA
01-02-2008, 07:58 PM
That is so pretty! I'd like one like that for myself!

auburnchick
01-02-2008, 08:46 PM
:::::::::::::::::::sigh:::::::::::::::::::

Wonderful work, as usual. I can only hope that by the time I have grandchildren, I will be as good a knitter as you. If not, then I'm commissioning you to do it for me. :thumbsup:

You rock, ArtLady! Those girls better treat you real good! They don't know how good they've got it.

P.S. I hope you're feeling better. :hug:

scout52
01-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow that's beautiful!!

Knitting_Guy
01-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Mongo like! :thumbsup:

Mystery_Gyrl
01-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Lovely, ArtLady. Definitely worth a little brain cell wrestling.
Katrina

twowackykids
01-02-2008, 09:47 PM
That's adorable! I wish I had someone to knit me awesome sweaters [starts sobbing].

Jen17
01-03-2008, 01:13 AM
I really like that one!:cheering: I just became a grandmother again! She is 16 days old and beautiful..Bailey Lynn.
I have knit her 2 sweaters and have number 3.. 1/2 way done!
She is grandchild number 4.. I now have 2 granddaughters and 2 grandsons! Aren't they wonderful!cloud9

Would you happen to know of a pattern for a little girl shrug (size 6-6x) Something easy and in a cotton/cotton blend. They live in Okinowa Japan, it gets cool there this time of year, but not cold.

You don't say why you are sick, but I hope you don't have the stomach virus I had 4 weeks ago! :ick: It took me 9 days to get over it and thank God I did, because I had to fly to CA to meet the newest granddaughter and I couldn't be sick!
I hope you feel better!!!:pray:

Jen

ritaw
01-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Just beautiful !!! Lovely work :)

GiddyKnitter
01-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Absolutely adoreable..Your work never ceases to amaze me.

KnittingNat
01-03-2008, 09:37 AM
What a wonderful sweater! :heart:

robynbird
01-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Very pretty! You are so fast!!

dustinac
01-03-2008, 10:04 AM
:happydance: she will love it...great job!!

bethany
01-03-2008, 10:33 AM
adorable! I'm sorry to hear you were sick. I totally want to be adopted by you. I have 2 girls you can knit for too! ha!

msoebel
01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
How do you do it?:noway:

I do not know how you do so much, and it ALWAYS looks gorgeous. Seriously...I am going to have to go back to my theory of knitting elves. You have a set of knitting elves living in your house, don't you?;)

GinnyG
01-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Very pretty!

ArtLady1981
01-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I really like that one!:cheering: I just became a grandmother again! She is 16 days old and beautiful..Bailey Lynn.
I have knit her 2 sweaters and have number 3.. 1/2 way done!
She is grandchild number 4.. I now have 2 granddaughters and 2 grandsons! Aren't they wonderful!cloud9

Would you happen to know of a pattern for a little girl shrug (size 6-6x) Something easy and in a cotton/cotton blend. They live in Okinowa Japan, it gets cool there this time of year, but not cold.

You don't say why you are sick, but I hope you don't have the stomach virus I had 4 weeks ago! :ick: It took me 9 days to get over it and thank God I did, because I had to fly to CA to meet the newest granddaughter and I couldn't be sick!
I hope you feel better!!!:pray:

Jen

Yes I do! I am making this "Tunefulrap" capelet for a little girl at our church! It is a free pattern available by PDF download at KnittingPatternCentral. I hope this direct LINK (http://www.creativeknittingmagazine.com/pdfs/ckjul05_fp_tunefulrap.pdf) will take to you the pattern. I found it under FREE PATTERNS, PONCHOS.

Ingrid
01-03-2008, 10:23 PM
You're grand daughters are the best-dressed little girls in town!:hug:

ArtLady1981
01-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Ingrid! Hi! :waving:

I remember their baby showers! We knew the girl-or-boy thing...so no guessing. I made my daughters a set of 7 sweaters in different sizes for the showers! Oh, I just went to town! It was so much fun, and...baby/toddler things are so quick! Not like that BORGHILD thing I am still trying to finish up! :hair:

MerigoldinWA
01-04-2008, 12:41 AM
That is just gorgeous ArtLady!! When I read the thread name I somehow got "for Grandmother" out of it, and was looking to see what you had knit for grandma.

It sounds like you have big plans for more GD sweaters. I can't wait to see them. BTW your GDs have very nice names.

Ingrid
01-04-2008, 12:48 AM
I knit my first baby sweater 33 years ago--my first sweater, ever. The top-down part was easy until I got to the design on the body of the sweater. 100 stitches, increased to 300 stitches and knit for 2 rows, then decreased down to 100. Over and over again. I stuck with it, and it was well used. I wish the person I'd lent it to had returned it. I'd love to see all the mistakes in it with my more experienced eye.:teehee:

My grandsons have a pile of sweaters that I made for them, but they don't like wearing sweaters.:pout: The best I can get are hats, mittens and scarves on them. I don't see any grand daughters in the near future, either. Whenever I hear of an aquaintence having a girl, I go to town, though.:thumbsup:

mdog182
01-04-2008, 02:20 AM
looks like another winner!!! very pretty!

ArtLady1981
01-04-2008, 04:12 AM
I knit my first baby sweater 33 years ago--my first sweater, ever. The top-down part was easy until I got to the design on the body of the sweater. 100 stitches, increased to 300 stitches and knit for 2 rows, then decreased down to 100. Over and over again. I stuck with it, and it was well used. I wish the person I'd lent it to had returned it. I'd love to see all the mistakes in it with my more experienced eye.:teehee:

My grandsons have a pile of sweaters that I made for them, but they don't like wearing sweaters.:pout: The best I can get are hats, mittens and scarves on them. I don't see any grand daughters in the near future, either. Whenever I hear of an aquaintence having a girl, I go to town, though.:thumbsup:

I have two grandsons, and neither one of them will wear sweaters. Even have some granddaughters who fight their mothers about wearing sweaters. I don't knit sweaters for them. I buy them what they like to wear! Why make trouble for their mommas? Raising kids is hard enough without the "I won't wear it" fight! :teehee: In my day, my kids wore what I put on 'em...period. Today's kids seem to be a little different!

Debkcs
01-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Lovely work as usual, those are two lucky little girs.

In my day, my kids wore what I put on 'em...period. Today's kids seem to be a little different! That's for sure. I told my son over and over that a sweater is something a child puts on when his mother is cold. One day he told me that a sweater is something he takes off at the bus stop; he was nine, so after that I just let it go. Fortunately, he was smart enough to wear a coat or sweater when needed.

But, back to you: that is a wonderful little sweater!

Jen17
01-05-2008, 12:16 AM
It's so cute! Thank you, it will probably work for what I have in mind and the kind of Japan weather she is living in..I will make it a little shorter!
Sweet of you to find it for me!
Jen

ah
01-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Once again, a gorgeous sweater!

mks22300
01-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Beautiful job!

Slim
01-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Beautiful sweater! I love the buttons. What a lucky little girl to have you knitting for her!

WandaT
01-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Gorgeous!!!

Ginnyb
01-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Everything you knit is amazing! I have 4 granddaughters and have yet to knit them anything except hats and scarves. I am still so intimidated by patterns! I guess I just have to sit down and do it!

Ginny

nonny2t
01-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Just gorgeous!:muah:

Knit4Fun
01-07-2008, 10:46 AM
That looks amazing...you are SO talented and it came out beautifully! I am sure your granddaughter will look wonderful in it, too... :muah:

Jaxhil
01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
:muah: that is GORGEOUS!! well done!

dmknits
01-13-2008, 12:55 AM
That is so pretty!

ArtLady1981
01-14-2008, 12:23 AM
I haven't gifted her with the Posey cardigan yet...because I am waiting to finish her sister's #1 sweater. It is done blocking, and only needs buttons.

I am almost finished making them each a little girl's BOOGA BAG...they need felting...and I made their Momma a mommy-sized BOOGA BAG to go with her Central Park Hoodie. My DD has the Central Park Hoodie already...but I want to bring over the 2 Sister's Sweaters and all 3 BOOGA BAGS on the same trip!

I have 10 more "Sister's Sweaters" (5 each) all lined up...and am anxious to get the BOOGA BAGS wrapped up. :eyes: