PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used KA Classic Circs?

Spinto
01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm about to start a project -- lace thigh-high legwarmers in a fingering weight yarn -- that calls for three sizes of DPNs. Trouble is, the thought of doing over 200 rows of 76 stitches on double-pointeds, twice (both legwarmers), makes me die a little bit inside.

So I found these 9" and 12" circular needles from KA online. I'm aware that Addi makes Turbo needles in the 12" size, but they're far more expensive and I'm on a college student's budget. I'm tempted to buy the KAs from the internet store, but I've heard some people say that they're are a dream, and some people say the joins are a huge, snagging nightmare, so I worry that my money might be utterly wasted.

Has anyone here used the KAs? It would be especially helpful if you've used the 12" needles. Thanks!

suzeeq
01-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I've heard that using circs that short is a real pain, just because there's not much of either needle or cord. You might want to try doing Magic Loop with a 29-36" needle.

Spinto
01-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Magic loop or two circulars will probably be what I end up resorting to, but there's really nothing like the endless, uninterrupted knitting of one appropriately-sized circular... sigh...

Thanks for your input. <3