PDA

View Full Version : Dagnabit!

witeowl
01-03-2008, 04:57 PM
I shook my head when someone else complained that she would put down a piece of circular knitting, pick it back up and start knitting the wrong way. "I'd never do that," I thought. "The yarn is always coming off of my work on the right. I'd surely notice!"

Argh. Apparently not. :wall:

I was wondering why one half of the cuff of the sock I'm making seemed fuller than the other. (FWIW, it's the first one I'm making with sock yarn and size 1 needles instead of worsted.) Sure enough, I count my stitches and I've got two extra rows for about half of the sock. Argh.

So... do I care enough to rip out and start over or can I handle having a slightly higher part of a cuff? It seems like something that will bother me every time I pull the socks out of the drawer.

Sigh...

I guess that's what I get for believing I was too good to make such a "simple" mistake. :roll:

Crycket
01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
AH...I feel your pain! I haven't done it...yet....but there is a first time for everything!

kaytee
01-03-2008, 05:13 PM
oh, I feel ya. I've done it before. It wasn't socks though, I forgot what it was....

rachejm
01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
i've done it too, ended up froggin but i only had an inch to frog

witeowl
01-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the sympathy. Unfortunately, I see where the damage was done, and it quite a few rows back. If I rip out, I might as well start completely over. <sigh> It's just such slow going with this yarn and these needles that I don't know if I can bear to cast on again. Maybe I'll put this yarn aside for a while and go back to my instant gratification worsted weight. :think:

WandaT
01-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Yup, I've been there done that too. I was working on an afghan too and had several rows to rip out. It was striped and too noticeable to leave. UGH!