PDA

View Full Version : I need some sympathy!

bonstance
01-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I've been lurking for awhile but this is my first post... :)

I'm working on the fourth feather and fan wrap for the bridesmaids in my sister's wedding coming up February 2nd, and for some reason this one has been kicking my butt all day! It's a simple lace pattern, and I only made one easily fixable mistake in the other three wraps put together, but today I keep messing it up!

I guess I just need someone to tell me I'll get my knitting mojo back tomorrow... :)

*ends whining*

Ingrid
01-03-2008, 09:06 PM
:grphug: There, there. It'll be ok.

Welcome!

cindycactus
01-03-2008, 09:08 PM
We all have one of those times. It will get better. Sit back and relax for a while then pick it up again. :clink:

Abbily
01-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Ugh, don't you hate that? Don't worry- take a little break, and you'll be fine when you get back to it. What a wonderful thing to do for your sister!

Cristy
01-03-2008, 10:59 PM
First, Welcome! Second--hang in there--I think it sounds like you need a bit of a break--just a couple of hours. Have cold drink, refocus your eyes and attention and then try again. We've all had those days...I'm working on a project that is SO SIMPLE but it's kicking my tail b/c I'm bored silly with making it (and there are a couple of other projects waiting in line that I want to try).

bonstance
01-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm the matron of honour, so I wanted to do something special for her. After the four wraps, I've got two shrugs in the same pattern to do for the flower girls - my twin 4 1/2 year old daughters! :)

MissMouse
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Bless you - anyone who can do all that feather and fan must be a saint. Like the others said, take a break you will get back on track and it will go fine.

Cristy
01-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Bless you - anyone who can do all that feather and fan must be a saint.

Ditto--I once tried to knit a feather and fan shawl for my grandmother and wanted to shoot myself before I was finished!!! I can't imagine doing as much as you have--your sister is a very lucky woman!

WandaT
01-04-2008, 07:09 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I guess you just need to walk away for a bit. I crocheted a fat bottom bag (from S&B Happy Hooker) last year. I've had 3 balls of suede allocated for a rust one to make for myself for months now. I tried to start it the other day and frogged it at least 5 times b/c I can't seem to get the stitch count right. I've done it before and I just couldn't get it to come out right. So I've walked away from it. I decided to start the Orca Tails scarf instead and am loving it!

knitncook
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
:grphug: sounds like you need a different project to work on even if just for an hour or two to get away from the "beast" that is kicking you down. I've had that happen before. You think that last one will just fly as you practically have the pattern memorized and you end up making more mistakes on that than you did on the first.

Breathe. In and out. :)

Welcome to KH!

dustinac
01-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm the matron of honour, so I wanted to do something special for her. After the four wraps, I've got two shrugs in the same pattern to do for the flower girls - my twin 4 1/2 year old daughters! :)

:passedout: what a wonderful sister!!

Welcome to KH!! We all have projects we have to put down for awhile... I agree with either walking away for awhile or working on something else for a bit of a break :happydance:

Plantgoddess+
01-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Poor baby! I agree with the others, to just put it down for a bit. Maybe you could start one of the shrugs you said you needed to get done and then get back to the other project.

bonstance
01-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Thank you to everyone - you made me feel so much better, and so welcome in this community. :)

I took a break from the evil feather and fan, and did my very first cable project - the five-cable "Cabled Baby Hat" from yesterday's date in the 2008 Knitting Pattern-a-Day Calendar. Go me!

Now I'm going to go back and try again! Thanks again.

Crycket
01-04-2008, 04:58 PM
It is in you! You can do it!

rachejm
01-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Good luck!

Dangles
01-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Welcome aboard! Hang in there. Aww, don't worry this happens to everyone. *Breathe in ... Breathe out* repeat 10 times till end. Sending you some good knitting mojo! :grphug:

bonstance
01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
I've made it through five pattern repeats this afternoon with no problems! And I'm officially halfway done this last wrap! Wahoo!

Thanks for all the good wishes and encouragement, everyone!