PDA

View Full Version : FO - BIG Seed Stitch Hat with Pom Pom -- Kind of Funny Update

auburnchick
01-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Here's a little something I whipped up this evening. Here (http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kbig-seedStitchHat.html) is the pattern for it. It's a Lion Brand pattern.

I used yarn from my swap partner. It's Lion Brand BIG in Lime Green on size 19 needles.

It matches my daughter's high school colors. She's mortified because I told her I will be wearing it to her soccer games. Guess she'll be able to find me in the stands, eh? :roflhard:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2405/2167908566_d24a926145.jpg

bethany
01-04-2008, 11:36 PM
heheh! That's awesome! Fast, huh?

mom2hancj
01-05-2008, 12:28 AM
That is awesome!! I love it! How nice that you could knit it up in one night :)

Ronda
01-05-2008, 12:45 AM
She'll have no trouble spotting you! LOL That's great.

auburnchick
01-05-2008, 01:12 AM
My daughter is now begging me to wear one of the other things I've knit. She made fun of my calorimetry for a long time, but now...she is telling me she would much rather have me wear it than this. I really think that torturing her will be fun...:teehee:

ArtLady1981
01-05-2008, 02:42 AM
Awesome, auburnchick! :thumbsup: I laughed when you said your DD was mortified that you were intending to wear it to her games!

Tee Hee! You know the old saying: "Get the best revenge. Live long enough to be a problem to your children!" Tee Hee! :teehee:

iwouldratherbeknitting
01-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I think you could do some 'bargining' with her about this.. you won't wear it if: SHE cleans the kitchen for a week w/out being asked.. etc. . etc..

Late for curfew? You wear the hat in public where she'll see you..

Yep, this could be really useful... :woot: :roflhard:

dustinac
01-05-2008, 12:07 PM
:teehee: I would have loved to seen your dd's face when you showed her and then told her you would be wearing it to games lol... I haven't seen/heard of LB's big yarn before... :thumbsup: great job!!

Jan in CA
01-05-2008, 03:45 PM
:yay: That's so funny! I have some big yarn I've been trying to figure out what to do with..now I know. :roflhard:

auburnchick
01-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh, y'all are making me laugh! :roflhard:

There was one other pattern on Lion Brand's site that was for a scarf. I debated long and hard...

I probably would have worn the scarf more, but this is certainly more fun.

Oh, and she's been real nice to me today. Wonder why???

I think the combination of the hat plus my intent to take along my portable heater that dh got me to use on cold nights on the field is just too much for her.

:teehee:

GinnyG
01-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Wow, that is BIG yarn!!!!!!!!!

Nice job.

rachejm
01-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I love it, that hat is so cool!

LadyB
01-05-2008, 10:04 PM
That hat is sooo fun! Great job auburnchick.:thumbsup:

*KnitPixie*
01-05-2008, 10:31 PM
:rofl: LOL I love what you did with the yarn..torture the child wear the hat anyway:roflhard: Nat I am sooo so glad you loved everything, it makes me feel happy(like a good swap pal):hug: :heart:

dawnk777
01-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Wow, that's cute! LOL! I think you should wear it to the games! Teenagers can be so sensitive sometimes. My 18yo just rolls her eyes at us, all the time!

ah
01-06-2008, 08:03 PM
What a fun hat! If it keeps you warm wear it--she can always claim not to know you. :)

auburnchick
01-07-2008, 01:41 AM
she can always claim not to know you. :)

Oh, I'm quite used to this. The feeling is mutual, at times, although I proudly claim her as mine during her games. I'm so proud of her, you know. :heart:

BlueEyezz
01-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Lol, I probably would've been mortified at that age, too. :) Teenagers....Ha ha....

auburnchick
01-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Lol, I probably would've been mortified at that age, too. :) Teenagers....Ha ha....

:rofl:

It's not quite as bad as it looks. You're getting the "ninja" effect since you can't see my whole face. :wink:

chan58
01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
:cheering: Wow does that every look warm, great job!!!!

auburnchick
01-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Yes, I actually wore it out tonight. And it's all because y'all were so totally supportive!!! :muah:

I waited until my daughter's game started to put it on...

The look on her face when she realized I was wearing it was PRICELESS!!

I think I'm going to call it the Lucky Hat because my daughter scored TWO goals tonight! She's a defender too!!!!! Everyone said it was the hat. :teehee:

The best part is that a mom took a picture of me wearing it. I didn't mind...until I found out that they are making a slide show for the soccer banquet. Uh oh...she's gonna be REAL surprised!!! :roflhard:

scout52
01-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Oh that's toooooo funny. as idratherknit said, what a great bargaining chip you have now. but i love the hat!! its so fun looking!! i had never heard of the yarn. i will definetly look it up!

dawnk777
01-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Now you have to wear it to every game!

auburnchick
01-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Now you have to wear it to every game!

:roflhard:

Yes, that's what we were all saying. Plus, I'll have to make some new ones in the colors of her travel team. We're talking about me wearing that hat even during the summer.

Debkcs
01-13-2008, 01:15 AM
I waited until my daughter's game started to put it on...

The look on her face when she realized I was wearing it was PRICELESS!!

I read the whole thread just to know what happened, how fun that she scored twice the night you wore the hat! And what a great woman you are to embarass a teenager for the rest of us ~ BTW, I like the hat!:woot:

auburnchick
01-13-2008, 02:01 AM
I read the whole thread just to know what happened, how fun that she scored twice the night you wore the hat! And what a great woman you are to embarass a teenager for the rest of us ~ BTW, I like the hat!:woot:

So, I had the courage to do what all of YOU have been wanting to do? Wow! I'm thrilled that y'all can live vicariously through me!:roflhard:

By the way, she has another game next week...Districts! If they win their first game, they'll play again on Friday. I'm a gonna take the hat...dontcha just know it?! :teehee:

MerigoldinWA
01-13-2008, 04:29 AM
Awsome! I don't usually like the look of big yarn, but that stitch is really interesting looking with it in this case. I've never seen that kind of green used as a school color.

My mother once gave me a coat of nearly that same color. Maybe a little more electric lime. She, of course, got it at a yarn sale. She didn't want to wear it because it was too heavy, but she thought of me. LOL "Thanks mom, how sweet of you". It was like an Eskimo parka in lime green. It was a nice coat though and I braved it and actually wore it. So these mother/daughter things last a long time with clothes. LOL

dmknits
01-14-2008, 10:40 PM
The best part is that a mom took a picture of me wearing it. I didn't mind...until I found out that they are making a slide show for the soccer banquet. Uh oh...she's gonna be REAL surprised!!! :roflhard:

:rofl: I've never seen yarn that big! What a fun hat!

HamaLee
01-15-2008, 12:30 AM
:rofl: That hat is great! It's so much fun! And what a bonus that it makes your DD seethe with parental embarrassment:teehee: . I hope you wear it to all the games and make the matching ones for her other teams! Oh man, you could end up with alllll the moms wearing them!

msoebel
01-16-2008, 01:08 PM
I made a hat in that exact yarn. On size 15 needles (oh, the hand cramps!).

Only it looks a like a pear because I didn't understand decreases at the time.:aww:

But it is warm!

auburnchick
02-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Just had to share something kind of funny.

Y'all have seen the hat.

Well, I wore it to a few soccer games. Let me tell you...BIG yarn makes a WARM hat!!!

So, during one of the games, a mom took my picture. I gamely posed, with a stupid look on my face and a big thumbs up.

Well, tonight, we had to go to her soccer banquet.

You know what's coming don't you?

Yep...the mom had made a slideshow and put my picture in it. I was standing in line for food when I heard "Who let the dogs out..." and I heard my daughter holler out in mortification. A quick glance at the screen, and my fears were realized. My hat was plastered for all to see, with my stupid (I do not exaggerate) grin and huge thumbs up.

And they played that slideshow twice. :oops:

Anyhow, thought I would update you.

Ronda
02-22-2008, 08:58 AM

bethany
02-22-2008, 09:49 AM
and I heard my daughter holler out in mortification.

Hehehee--