PDA

View Full Version : single knitting needles..not sets..advice?

melinda9723
01-06-2008, 05:28 PM
I have accumulated a bunch of straight knitting needles that do not have a matching mate. I was wondering if anyone ever goes onlne to find a matching needle for the one that have already or do you just throw the sigle one away and go buy another set ? Here is an example of what I am trying to say:
Example : I have a 1 size 9 straight knitting needle instead of two.
I am thinking of trying to sell them but am not sure if anyone looks for another mate or not.Thanks in advance.

DQ
01-06-2008, 05:53 PM
You could keep them in case you ever want to do 3 needle bind offs :)

Spikey
01-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Have you tried buy/swap? maybe some folks are in the same predicament and you can trade to get some full sets. :shrug:

amberof2
01-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I suppose you could always throw in the dishwasher and use them for chopsticks *grinning*

starburst
01-06-2008, 11:08 PM
That is a prediciment. At least when you lose a dpn, you can buy an extra set so you can have spares. It's worth a shot to sell them, but I wouldn't hold out for too long because it can be difficult to find buyers for single needles. Now, if you happen to have one size 7 metal 8" dpn, I would be interested in hearing from you!

gingerbread
01-07-2008, 08:23 AM
I think that Amy had a site that did just that, take odd knitting needles. I don't remember the site name. Either way you can send her your one of a kind needle or look for the mate of the one that you have. Maybe someone can remember the site.

cftwo
01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I buy another set. If you don't want to throw them away, put them in a vase for decoration.

Mirl56
01-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I bet I have a few odd ball singles. I'm afraid if I toss them, their mate wiill turn up then for sure!!