PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watch American Gladiators?

auburnchick
01-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Did anyone watch? Boy, it brought back memories of watching it in the 90's!!! I figured that my daughter, who is very athletic and competitive, would enjoy it.
She was like, :whoosh: . She didn't really get into it. Course, my son, teen that he is, loved it!

scout52
01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I watched it and i loved it!! i used to watch the old american gladitors. I could do without wolf howling though. that was annoying. The eliminator looks sooooo hard. those poor people looked so beat by the end.

knitgal
01-07-2008, 07:27 PM
It was awesome! I remember watching it when I was growing up. I agree- Wolf was a bit much and Titan looked fake, but otherwise it was all around a great tv experience!

scout52
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
I agree I thought Titan's face looks like a cartoon character out i thought he was the most nicely built one. I found out he was a multi time Mr. Universe.

angel4ever
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
The show is great! I used to watch American Gladiators back in the day. It was great then and it's great now! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I could do without Hulk Hogan though...

scout52
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I could do without Hulk Hogan though...
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: his commentary didn't add much did it?

SabrinaJL
01-07-2008, 10:17 PM
I agree I thought Titan's face looks like a cartoon character out i thought he was the most nicely built one. I found out he was a multi time Mr. Universe.

DH and I agreed that Titan should have his own comic book or something. He has that whole square-jawed, all-american superhero look going on. Crush has the best hair and I'm trying to convince my daughter to cut her hair like that.

HamaLee
01-07-2008, 10:19 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: his commentary didn't add much did it?
:roflhard: :rofl: Man the WGA strike is starting to get painful!
I used to looove this show as a kid and it's just as cheezy delicious now. I watched tonight's show. I love that they kept the old school events. And this new Eliminator looks BRUTAL!

Silver
01-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Yep, I admit. I'm a Gladiators fan. I used to watch the old one years ago and was thrilled to see they brought it back. Just like old times.

I don't mind Wolf and his howling. Toa is the one that I think was kinda dorky. What was that Ooo ahh haa stuff anyway?? LOL Titan looks like a Roman God... too perfect to be real. Mayhem is just scary.

auburnchick
01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Ok...what about Helga? She scares me! She only participates on one event too! :roflhard:

Sharly
01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Helga WAS scary! I told my husband, that's what I would look like on steroids!! :roflhard: She wasn't built quite like the other girls! I wouldn't want to take her on!!