PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I'm not the only one to do this!

cristina61
01-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Okay, now I know Iím not crazy, but in a sense I guess I really am.

Iíve been going nuts since last night trying to find my missing Options Size 8 tips so I can finish my Deep Breath sweater. I cleaned up my end of the coffee table last night trying to get organized and find where I put them down, since I JUST had them recently (I made a note in my knitting journal about taking them out of my unfinished black armwarmer, and I was positive I had used them to start the ribbing on the bottom of the sweater!), but all I found was a circ with Size 10 tips.

It was supper time, so I put it all aside and ate, and then later on I commenced searching again. I picked up the same circular off the coffee table and remeasured it (because I was desperate and I always search the same places multiple times) and −− there it was! My Size 8 tips! I was happy I found it and didnít spend much time trying to figure out how this happened, but it should have been a HUGE clue.

So this morning Iím working on the ribbing, as I wrote above, and that was when I realized the tip I was working with looked a bit large. I measured it −− Size 10! :noway: So there I was again, panicking, turning over rocks, trying to puzzle out where my Size 8 tips are and how the heck I managed to lose them, find them, and lose them again all without even trying.

I feel like a mental midget that it took me so long to see this −− I had two different-sized tips on the cable, one Size 8 and one Size 10! That was why every time I measured it I got a different size!! Itís so ridiculous! And then, once I realized that, the BIG lightbulb finally went off over my head −− if I had two different tips on the cable . . . that must mean the missing Size 8 tip was in the envelope with the other Size 10 tip! Duh . . . :eyes:

Okay, everythingís reasonably normal -- for now.

twowackykids
01-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Don't feel bad; I can't tell you how many times I've done that with my interchangeables. :)

MissMouse
01-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I have done that with straight needles - :-)

bip
01-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh gosh no you aren't the only one! I don't think I've done that exact thing, but I've done similar things. The worst is when I've thought I did something wrong, spent hours trying to figure it out, finally "figure out what I did wrong", frog, only to realize everything was fine, no need to frog.

Eccie
01-11-2008, 06:32 PM
:roflhard:

cristina61
01-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh gosh no you aren't the only one! I don't think I've done that exact thing, but I've done similar things. The worst is when I've thought I did something wrong, spent hours trying to figure it out, finally "figure out what I did wrong", frog, only to realize everything was fine, no need to frog.
Oh, yes, I've done that before, too. Not a happy day.

starburst
01-11-2008, 11:51 PM
that's why I like that the denises are labeled!

cristina61
01-12-2008, 01:09 AM
that's why I like that the denises are labeled!
Agreed -- I really LOVE my Options, but this thought certainly crossed my mind once I realized what was up.

Knitting_Guy
01-12-2008, 01:13 AM
Nope, I've never done that. Well, except for the couple of times I did, but they don't count cause I said so.

snowbear
01-12-2008, 01:58 AM
I've only done it 2 or 3 times in the last few months... I have the Denise's and they are marked. The only excuse I have is I can't find my reading glasses so I can read the marks, lol

kellyh57
01-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I've only done it 2 or 3 times in the last few months... I have the Denise's and they are marked. The only excuse I have is I can't find my reading glasses so I can read the marks, lol

Now, don't tell us you can't find them because their on top of your head! :) (Just kidding of course!) I used to do that with my regular glasses, but they were on my face!

Kelly

Carla1019
01-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Now, don't tell us you can't find them because their on top of your head! :) (Just kidding of course!) I used to do that with my regular glasses, but they were on my face!

Kelly

We were on vacation, when I could not find my glasses, I was looking everywhere for them. Even looked on top of my head. I finally asked my family to help me look for them, when they all busted up laughing at me.. I was wearing them:shrug:

losnana
01-13-2008, 03:05 PM

Kelly
I've stuck an Options tip behind my ear like a pencil and wasted beaucoup time searching for it. :wall: :wall:

Carla1019
01-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I had taught art class all day and had stuck paint brushes behind my ear.. Then went to the bank to write a check and got one of my brushes out to write with...:teehee:

snowbear
01-13-2008, 05:23 PM
lol, no I don't have them on my head.. I put them down in a place where I was sure I wouldn't loose them.. yeah right.
So then I put them in my knitting accessories bag, and would leave it across the room.. I would be so comfortable where I was, I would try to read the #'s w/out geting up.. so.. I now make sure I have my glasses next to me when I gather everything up to knit.

Now, my cat does swipe things.. so I still have an excuse if I use the wrong numbers.

lol,