PDA

View Full Version : Look at what I adopted today.. for a 'fee' of course.. :D

iwouldratherbeknitting
01-12-2008, 12:22 AM
I had a rough day at work yesterday.. so, I went to the yarn market and bought some yarn today. I only bought yarn that was on sale.. here is a photo of each type of yarn that I bought. The red and blue skeins on the far left are soft, soft thin mohairs. I think that they'll make pretty lace scarves?

The cute pom pom one.. was a new yarn being sold this year and I just never bought it.. but, this particular person had this skein on sale today.. so, I bought it to make a fun scarf for those dreary winter days.. plus, in case of an emergency POM POM shortage.. I'll be all set!http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2389/2186930894_4af905f274.jpg

By the way.. being able to pet and touch all the pretty yarns put me in a much better mood. I think I'll go back and see if I they have more of the blue and cranberry on the bottom right.. that yarn is yummy and would make a great sweater.. but, one package, that I bought today, won't be enough. They sell yarn by the package of 400-500 grams here in Korea.

I tried to buy yarn 'unlike' any that I already had..

ALL of this yarn was on sale.. so, that's even better.

knit2btied
01-12-2008, 12:25 AM
congratulations on your new "family" members!

iwouldratherbeknitting
01-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks! :) I had someone with me today, who wasn't a knitter or crocheter.. and she was even oohing and aahing over the pretty yarns.

Quiara
01-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Hehe. I just got my "adopted" hanks today. ^_^ Three hanks of Misti Alpaca Chunky in Periwinkle and Periwinkle Marl. Right now they're stash puppies. ^_^

iwouldratherbeknitting
01-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Well, we can't have all that yarn being all lonely without a family, can we?

KnittingNat
01-12-2008, 07:16 AM
That looks wonderful! Enjoy your new stash! Oh, I wish I had a nice yarn shelter around, so i could go and pet all these homeless yarns... All they have in my so-called LYS is Teddy Wool acrylics and some 100% merino. I think I'll adopt some online on my birthday:lol:

yiziee
01-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks! :) I had someone with me today, who wasn't a knitter or crocheter.. and she was even oohing and aahing over the pretty yarns.
yes true sometimes people who don't know how to knit are always oohing hehe makes me feel imp. :D:D

iwouldratherbeknitting
01-12-2008, 08:00 AM
She kept saying that it was a good thing that she didn't know how to knit or crochet (and isn't interested) because.. she said that the yarn was so pretty- that she didn't know how she'd manage not to buy yarn all the time.

I told her it was already my problem. But, I do think it is important to 'adopt' lonely yarn skeins that we find.. just doing my part to make 'yarn happy.' ;)

babsnelson
01-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Ooooo....so pretty!!! I knit a little yarn therapy today. Maybe my hubby will take the kiddos out so I can have a little quality time at my LYS. It never hurts to dream - right??

Lady Violet
01-12-2008, 04:14 PM
you have a yarn market?!? :noway:

i am so living in the wrong country! :rofl:

chrislt8
01-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Oooohhh - very nice yarns! Can't think of a better way to lift the mood than petting soft, pretty yarns!

Samsam
01-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the idea! I adopted 6 balls of sugar and cream for .75 cents today.

...dotty...
01-12-2008, 06:06 PM
There's no better 'mood elevator' than giving a poor lonely yarn a good and loving home !

You done good, girl !:clink:

iwouldratherbeknitting
01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Y'all are so funny! See, we are really just helping out the world.. one skein at a time. or in my case 4-10 skeins at a time.. (since, that's how it's sold in packages of yarn) Our homes are sort of a 'refugee' of sorts for yarn.

Yes, Lady Violet.. I have a yarn market in the basement of a fabric building that is actually 6 stories tall (if you count the basement and in this case you have to) and it is actually two buildings joined together. It is so big that you can't see any of the walls when you are in it.. I think that there are at least 3-4 floors of fabrics.

The basement has: yarn, threads, sundry sewing type items, upholstery fabric trims for pillows, curtains/whatever you'd want to use it for, people to sew things for you, endless items actually... AND, so many choices it sometimes makes your head hurt.