PDA

View Full Version : I'm on Ravelry...yikes!

knitqueen
01-13-2008, 05:40 PM
I finally gave into the pressure and signed up for ravelry about a week ago and I got my invite already. So I'm there, but I have no idea what I'm doing!! I'm not computer illiterate or anything, I just don't have the time to sit and figure it all out. So if anyone wants to add me as a friend, I'm there as HeatherDD (which now that I look at it, the DD parts looks like a bra size :teehee:)...all the user names I tried, including the one I use here, were already taken so there ya go! I do look forward to finding my way around there.

knitgal
01-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Congrats! I will add you. Don't worry about trying to figure it all out right away. There's a lot to take in, but we're all here if you have any questions.

Jan in CA
01-13-2008, 06:31 PM
You'll figure it out soon enough. It's lots of fun and real time suck at first, but now I mostly use it as a search tool. I love it!

KathD
01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
I just got my invitation on Friday....which means I spent waaaayyy too much time checking it out this weekend. I agree with Jan it is awesome for searching. Just type in a pattern name and up come all kinds of photos and info. from all the members.:woohoo:
Same thing for yarn, so if you have a "few" skeins of something you don't know what to do with...voila up comes everyone's projects for that yarn.
Oh, wow! A dream come true for mecloud9:thumbsup:

I'm KathD on ravalry too!

Pudify
01-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side xD

It takes a wee bit of getting used to, but its great when you do :D

My names the same there as it is here, feel free to add me!

:grphug:

knitmama
01-13-2008, 10:38 PM
You'll love it! I still haven't found time to upload pictures or input all my stash, but I love being able to find out what others have done with yarn that I have. My list of future projects is growing thanks to Ravelry.:knitting:

babsnelson
01-14-2008, 10:11 AM
I caved and added myself to the list too. Now I can't wait to get on.