PDA

View Full Version : EASY Appetizer/snack recipe

GennyLynn1962
01-16-2008, 12:04 PM
I had this on New Year's. It makes a great snack!

What you need
1 bag salad shrimp (the tiny ones) thawed, and drained.
Cream cheese - (one or two - 8oz.)
Cocktail sause - one jar- spicy if you like.
Crackers - whatever kind you like.

Place the cream cheese on a plate (or serving platter), pour shrimp on top of cream cheese, top with cocktail sauce. Serve with crackers. That's it!!!
Enjoy
Caution: don't let the cocktail sauce drip on your knitting! :teehee:

bethany
01-16-2008, 04:08 PM
oh my family used to make that one. It's ridiculously good. We always had Ritz crackers with it...yum. Here's another one my mom just sent me--hasn't been tested yet, but with Superbowl coming....

Buffalo Wing Dip

2 10 oz. cans chicken drained
2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1 c. Bleu cheese dressing
3/4 c. hot sauce
1 c. Bleu cheese crumbled
celery and crackers for dipping

Heat the chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and Bleu cheese dressing. Cook stirring well until blended and warm. Put mixture in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the crumbled bleu cheese over the top before serving. Serve with crackers or if you are good, celery, or I imagine endive would be fantastic. Or sliced baguette....can ya tell I'm hungry?

KnitTwit
01-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Here's another one that my family enjoys snacking on at Thanksgiving and Christmas:

2 - 8 oz pkgs cream cheese @ room temp
1 T - Worstershire sauce
3 or 4 green onions, chopped, or more if you prefer. Include some of the tops for color.
chopped pastrami (I buy 2 slices at the deli and it's just the right amount). You could use more if you want to.

Mix together all ingredients. Cover the bowl and chill for a couple of hours. It's great with any cracker. :thumbsup:

ecb
01-17-2008, 07:55 AM
ok, same concept with crab

Basic Crab ball

1 tub of crab meat picked over
1 Brick of Light cream cheese (Neftschelle tastes better with this, no idea why)
1 jar of Coctail sauce

Mix crabmeat with cream cheese (kids love to do this) and form into ball and PLOP on a plate
Pour the coctail sauce over it, and serve with crackers

as a nurse I put a warning for any of my guests who might have shelfish allergies, and then we enjoy

ecb