PDA

View Full Version : pattern help with Heart Lace Washcloth please

beccaabug
01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
I was trying to make the Heart Lace Washcloth, pattern found at
http://www.knitlist.com/2003/Heart%20Washcloth.htm
I have seen them made on Ravelry. I was wondering if anyone has used this pattern or if there is a mistake. You start with 43 stitches
and the first row reads

Row 1: K4, *YO, K2tog, K3, YO, K1, YO, K3, SKP, YO, K1; repeat from * to last 3 sts, K3

The second row reads
Row 2: K3, Purl 37, K3

I have 6 stitches to many.

If there is a mistake, I was wondering if someone could give me the
correct one or help me correct the one I have. I was going to make these for teachers for Valentines Day.

Thank you
Jeanne

suzeeq
01-17-2008, 12:12 PM
That should be right - the pattern repeat uses a multiple of 12 (36) plus 7 end sts. check to see that you didn't do extra YOs or that you passed the slip st over on the SKP.

Spokaloo
01-17-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm with Beccabug. You're right, Suzeeq when you say there only 12 stitches involved in the repeat, but the pattern has you increasing 4 stitches with the YOs while only decreasing 2 with the K2Tog and the SKP. So you end up with 2 more stitches for each repeat (i.e., the YOs). That's where Beccabug gets her 6 extra stitches.

Maybe someone out there has used this pattern already and has already worked this out? I hope so, because it sounds like a cute pattern and I wouldn't mind trying it myself!

beccaabug
01-17-2008, 06:12 PM
There is a mistake in the pattern.
All even rolls should read K3, P to end, K3
The first row is correct, you lose the extra stitches in the third row,
when you knit the k4tog. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks spokaloo, for agreeing with me, I thought I was losing it.
I won't start any new projects so late in the evenings.

Jan in CA
01-17-2008, 06:14 PM
I had responded in your other post that I had the same problem after I tried it for you. Thanks for the clarification! It looks like a cute cloth to got with some nice face soap! :think:

Spokaloo
01-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Glad you got it figured out. Now I can give it a try!

suzeeq
01-17-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm with Beccabug. You're right, Suzeeq when you say there only 12 stitches involved in the repeat, but the pattern has you increasing 4 stitches with the YOs while only decreasing 2 with the K2Tog and the SKP. So you end up with 2 more stitches for each repeat (i.e., the YOs). That's where Beccabug gets her 6 extra stitches.

Whoops. I didn't think to see if the incs and decs were the same. Nevermind me, I was on day 2 of a headache....

IndianPrincessSIP
01-20-2008, 12:17 AM
I made this last night. Thanks for the pattern link and corrections. The only thing I would do differently if I made it again, is that after I did the four repeats of the 10 row pattern, I would continue through row 5, and then the four rows of garter. to finish.
I'm not sure I like the finishing top row without the magic row 3 to pull in the heart tops. Might throw off the towel a bit length/width wise, but I think I'd opt for that rather than the top looking unfinished to me.
Cute pattern though, I did it in red cotton.:thumbsup: