PDA

View Full Version : i felt like the expert!

Kels Joy.
01-18-2008, 03:45 PM
a girl i know at school learned how to knit a little over a year ago, and one day at school she pulled out her knitting and we started talking a bit about it. and i showed her pictures of the afghan i've been working on, and she looked at me with this totally "in awe" look on her face and said, "wait, can you like, purl and stuff?"
and i looked at her and said, "yeah, of course."
and she started asking me all these questions about knitting and i realized that she only knew how to do a knit stitch. and i explained how all the other cool stitch patterns were just a combination of knit and purl and after i got done rambling she just looked at me and said, "wow, you know so much."
it made me feel so smart for a few minutes because compared to most of you other KHers, i know so little! and i'm still trying to soak up as much knitting knowlege as possible so it made me really happy to hear her say that. :woot:

ecb
01-18-2008, 04:50 PM
she just looked at me and said, "wow, you know so much."
it made me feel so smart for a few minutes because compared to most of you other KHers, i know so little! and i'm still trying to soak up as much knitting knowlege as possible so it made me really happy to hear her say that. :woot:
yeah, I remember when a woman in my knitting group asked me how to do a lifeline, and since one of our amaizing leaders who shall remain nameless had given someone else a thorough tutorial on these forums on how to do just that, i was able to not only show her how to do it, but expplain it and not sound like a blithering idiot. this woman was a bit older than me but she thanked me for my expertese, and asked how long I had been knitting becasue she started later in life (like in her 20s) I blushed and told her I had been knitting about a year
the lady who worked at the store we were meeting at told all of us, that there was not a knitter on the planet that could not teach someone else something new.
Aint it a great feeling when you learn that?:knitting: :woot: :cheering: :yay: :happydance: :woohoo: :knitting: :thumbsup: :muah: :grphug:

ok I will stop now

ecb

Denise in Michigan
01-18-2008, 06:10 PM
We knitters are a sharing bunch!:heart:

Phaedra
01-20-2008, 11:11 PM
I think it's great that, as a group and alone, we can always learn something new and pass it on to someone else.
:grphug: