PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request for my Friend and her Mom. --- Update pg 2, shes home. Thank you Guys!

Krystal
01-18-2008, 11:28 PM
My very best friend has been through a rough life. It gets her down now and then but she has always been a saucy bitch that I downright love to pieces. Tho it took us both 7 of the 8 years we have known each other to really truly understand and love each other.

Her father died when she was 10, and her mother has battled cancer twice and won... As well as having diabetes and countless near fatal complications with that. But she has sallied forth and been ok.

But my friend had her mother admitted to the hospital on Monday, they found she had a blood infection. They noticed something else and did a slew of tests. They found today her liver is like seriously screwed up. It took a beating during her cancer treatments, and is now much worse. She was yellow when my friend got to see her.

So far they don't have any ideas just yet, but the general idea from the doctors is not good.
My friend is 23, and it has literally been just her and her mom since her parents divorced when she was 6. Her sisters are much older and had already moved out.

I can't imagine what I would do in her situation, I feel so helpless to do anything really productive for her right now. I figure asking for prayers is as much as I can do for her at this moment.

So please send your prayers, thoughts good wishes what may have you out into universe.

Thank you.
:heart:

auburnchick
01-18-2008, 11:33 PM
:hug:

scout52
01-19-2008, 01:20 AM
:hug: :hug:

yarnrainbow
01-19-2008, 01:45 AM
:pray: :hug: :pray:

The.Knitter
01-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Done!!! :hug:

Dangles
01-19-2008, 04:09 AM
:hug: you've got it.

msmelody
01-19-2008, 05:02 AM
:hug: from me coming her way.

DQ
01-19-2008, 06:15 AM
:hug::hug::hug:

SusanAnn
01-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Sending my prayers and good thoughts

Jen17
01-19-2008, 09:53 AM
:sad: Crossed Fingers :pray: :grphug: and a :thumbsup: for you for being a wonderful friend!

Jen:knitting:

dustinac
01-19-2008, 10:55 AM
:hug: :heart: :hug:

Denise in Michigan
01-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Krystal, you are the best kind of friend she (and her mom) could have: one who listens and prays. All three of you are in my prayers.

Becky Morgan
01-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Of course they, and you, have my prayers!

Krystal
01-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Thank you all so much. Waking up to something positive today was a blessing. I know my friend will appreciate it.

I'm praying we get some good news soon... As far as I know Livers are resilient if she needs part of mine or my friends I know we wouldn't hesitate to offer it up... But I am open for any good news at this point.

I just can't imagine summer time without Mic.

:heart::heart::hug::hug:

photolady
01-19-2008, 03:26 PM
her liver is like seriously screwed up. It took a beating during her cancer treatments, and is now much worse. She was yellow when my friend got to see her.

So far they don't have any ideas just yet, but the general idea from the doctors is not good.
My friend is 23, and it has literally been just her and her mom since her parents divorced when she was 6.

Prayers for your friend, and will keep doing this, while she goes through the upcoming stormy seas. Keep an eye on her, and familiarize yourself with the signs of depression.
I hope she never has clinical depression, but, in case she does, continue to accept her and love her, and be her friend. Prayers for her mother, too.
Poor thing.

Krystal
01-20-2008, 03:49 PM
We got some good news today. She is coming home. :D

There isn't much they can really do for her except level out her sugar and keep her relaxed. So they can send her home as long as she changes her life style. My friend is having a meeting with her 2 sisters to let them know they can't use her as a chauffer, babysitter, storage unit or bank anymore. She can't handle the stress they put on her, and I don't think Mic has the ability to tell her daughters no. So her youngest, my friend, is going to do this for her.

She also has to change her diet and all the other typical things that come from diabetic complications.

We had a girls night last night (we just found out this morning she was coming home) I brought her some dinner and we made asses of ourselves playing with tinsel and making tinfoil hats. It was alot of fun and helped her relax which she wasn't able to do all week. She had us drink a ridiculous amount of diet soda's to help her finish the cases. Since her mom can't drink them anymore, she wanted to make sure they were gone in case she came home sooner than she expected.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. I truly believe whoever/whatever is out there got the message.

:hug::muah::heart:

rebecca
01-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I am more than happy to pray for your friend and her family...and you, too, for that matter! God has given us a great and mighty tool when He gave us prayer, it's very powerful and a tool that I will gladly use for all of you!:muah:

Shandeh
01-21-2008, 01:13 AM
:heart: :pray: :heart:

CountryKitty
01-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Yikes! Missed this earlier, prayers going out for Mic and her daughter and for you, their good friend. Praying for health, and equally for patience and piece of mind and strength of resolve.The next few weeks of adjustment are going to be hard for Mic and she's going to need to lean on her daughter, who will need to lean on you. Hang in there, y'all.