PDA

View Full Version : Knitting needles and Books Questions

Madrina
01-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Hi everyone and Happy New year .. I've been gone for awhile so I hope everyone is having a great New Year.

I taught myself to knit 10 months ago now and I've been learning a lot by trial and error.

I'm finding out now what I really like and don't like as far as knitting needles etc..

I have found I don't like the colored needles (while they are pretty I have grown to hate them now) because the color rubs off with wear and it gets all over my yarn and fingers. I end up having to wash what I've knitted especially if its a white or light color item.
I have a circular needle that is silver and smooth as can be .. I love it but i don't know what or who its made out of or by (I threw the package away like a dummy :!!!:) I would like to find straight needles made from this same material.. Any suggestions?

Also .. what Knitting pattern books would you all recommend for me to pick up .. you know the ones you cant live without and must haves. It see so many I don't even know where to start LOL

Thanks,
Wendy

bree
01-19-2008, 03:07 AM
In terms of books, I highly suggest going to the public library. You can go through their collection to see what kinds of patterns you're looking for at no charge.

Madrina
01-19-2008, 03:14 AM
I hadn't thought of doing that but its a great idea. I'm mainly working on baby blankets, hats, sweaters and some booties but I need to practice more on booties.

knittingymnast
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone and Happy New year .. I've been gone for awhile so I hope everyone is having a great New Year.

I taught myself to knit 10 months ago now and I've been learning a lot by trial and error.

I'm finding out now what I really like and don't like as far as knitting needles etc..

I have found I don't like the colored needles (while they are pretty I have grown to hate them now) because the color rubs off with wear and it gets all over my yarn and fingers. I end up having to wash what I've knitted especially if its a white or light color item.
I have a circular needle that is silver and smooth as can be .. I love it but i don't know what or who its made out of or by (I threw the package away like a dummy :!!!:) I would like to find straight needles made from this same material.. Any suggestions?

Also .. what Knitting pattern books would you all recommend for me to pick up .. you know the ones you cant live without and must haves. It see so many I don't even know where to start LOL

Thanks,
Wendy

oh my