PDA

View Full Version : DPN's or Circs?

knittingymnast
01-19-2008, 08:43 AM
When knitting a sock, would you recommend using DPN's or circs? I prefer DPN's, but I would like to know your opinion. Thanks in advance! :woot:

WandaT
01-19-2008, 10:11 AM
A friend helped me cast on my first PAIR of socks yesterday on Magic Loop. So my vote would me circs ... I've never done socks before but from what I've read here I was afraid of the "2nd sock syndrome." (You get the first sock done then don't go back and finish the 2nd one.) So I figured I may as well bite the bullet and go ahead and try the 2 at a time method. My LYS is having a toe up sock class in March (I hope) - 2 at a time - that I want to take.

knittingymnast
01-19-2008, 10:17 AM
thank you soooo much!! i will try it :knitting: Keep on knitting!

suzeeq
01-19-2008, 11:48 AM
It's mostly a personal preference. If you like dpns, use them, but you can certainly try out using ML with circs to see if you like that too.

Jennie8
01-19-2008, 12:11 PM
I completely agree with suzeeq.

I started off using DPNs, but one day had an urge to try Magic Loop and I haven't gone back.
If you're in the mood to try out new methods, definitely give 2 circs or ML a try. :thumbsup:

knittingymnast
01-19-2008, 12:20 PM
I completely agree with suzeeq.

I started off using DPNs, but one day had an urge to try Magic Loop and I haven't gone back.
If you're in the mood to try out new methods, definitely give 2 circs or ML a try. :thumbsup:

ok!

Jessetfan
01-19-2008, 02:27 PM
I've only done socks on DPNs, if I work on socks again I'll probably try magic loop. I think it is personal preference, but in general I prefer circs because they're easier to work with.

Jan in CA
01-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I like doing socks on two circular needles at the moment, but I have done them on DPNs. It's personal preference - there really isn't one best way to do it. ;)

BTW..I know you're very young, how old were you when you started knitting? I'm asking because you seem so knowledgeable for a young person. :yay:

knittingymnast
01-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I like doing socks on two circular needles at the moment, but I have done them on DPNs. It's personal preference - there really isn't one best way to do it. ;)

BTW..I know you're very young, how old were you when you started knitting? I'm asking because you seem so knowledgeable for a young person. :yay:

thank you for saying that, but I learned to knit 3 months ago!!! :roflhard: i read alot about knitting because I didn't understand a lot of context on sites like this. :teehee: