PDA

View Full Version : sweet son in law

bookbabe
01-19-2008, 01:24 PM
My son in law called the other day to ask me to make him a hat. Now this is fantastic because I've been offering to make something for him and he wasn't really interested until it turned cold. Now he thinks a wool hat would be great! And he realized I could sort of "custom" make it--he wants longer than normal and all black. The cutest part though was when he was trying to describe the kind of yarn he wanted--he said he didn't want the skinny strands but he wanted fat ones instead.....I finally figured out he means he wants a chunky yarn. It was just so sweet!

I'm wondering if part of his asking me was to encourage my rehabilitation with my elbow--I've torn ligaments and am not able to knit more than about 10 min a day. I'm still not doing much more than practicing with some scrap yarn, but it's getting better.

Anyway I just wanted to share the "skinny strands" with those who understand!! :)

ritaw
01-19-2008, 02:16 PM
How sweet ! Well weather he wants to help with your recovery or not . I think it is great that he has asked you to make him a hat and not with skinny strands lol.
:) Get better soon :)

losnana
01-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Aren't sweet sons-in-law great!!

dmknits
01-19-2008, 04:52 PM
How sweet that he asked you to make him something. So now we know that skinny strands technically means anything worsted weight or thinner. :teehee: