PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps it's too soon, but

knitmama
01-21-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm so excited that I just have to tell someone.:woohoo: My attempts at dpns failed, however I have just completed the toe of my first sock using Silver's tutorial for one sock toe-up on 2 circs.:yay: My DH just doesn't get my excitement since to him it's just little nub of knitting right now, but I am so thrilled. Here's hoping for lots of socks to come.:knitting:

saracidaltendencies
01-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Way to go! :cheering:

fibrenut
01-21-2008, 01:21 AM
:clink: Hun, you just go on wid yer bad self!!!!!
:happydance: I've been using dpn's for years, lotsa years, and I've just complete my first pair of toe ups on cirx here too. Took a bit for me to get comfortable with the different way of holding them (had the holding the dpn thing down to a science I tell ya).
I have just a little tip I learned by watching some of cat bordhi's videos on youtube, wait until you've done that second stitch on your needle to snug it up for ladder prevention. That way the second stitch locks the snugging into place and poof* ladders are gone. BTW, if you want to check out some of her videos (OMG that lady is a riot), just put "cat bordhi" into the search engine on the youtube home page and all her videos will come up.:guyknitting:

knitmama
01-21-2008, 01:31 AM
I have just a little tip I learned by watching some of cat bordhi's videos on youtube, wait until you've done that second stitch on your needle to snug it up for ladder prevention. That way the second stitch locks the snugging into place and poof* ladders are gone.
That's a great tip. I haven't had any problems with laddering so far but I also knit a bit too tightly at times. I've been snugging the crap out of the stitches on the ends.:aww: It's been tough knitting into them.Your way sounds a bit easier.:teehee:

auburnchick
01-21-2008, 02:18 AM
:cheering:

Knitting can seem so intimidating at times. Good for you for conquering the fear. They're only needles...not dragons. :thumbsup:

Now, if I can ever get up the courage to knit a sweater. :teehee:

WandaT
01-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Congrats! That's awesome!!! We're excited for you! :D

cindycactus
01-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Good for you! :woot: I have not tried the toe up socks or two circs yet but plan too. I got too comfortable with DPNs. Here's to you for trying something different. And succeeding.:clink:

italianchildhood
01-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Congratulations!
It's never too soon to be overjoyed... :)

knitpurlgurl
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Still haven't used DPNs or knit socks yet - someday.. Congrats! It's so much fun when you learn something new and you feel like you can actually do it!

2sweetgirls38
01-21-2008, 11:34 AM
You celebrate those small successes! It's never too soon!:yay: :woot: :woohoo:

With that being said, I'm about to try my first hat ever on dpns today. I have no idea how I'll do. I'm going to head over to the how to board and see if I can find any advice.

Post pics of your socks once they're finished. Great job!:yay:

Eccie
01-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Grats :)

boo1
01-21-2008, 12:19 PM
:thumbsup: :cheering: