PDA

View Full Version : Pooping mallard pattern? - GOT IT

vaknitter
01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
My great aunt used to make these great ducks for Easter that little holes in their bums so that when you squeezed them they "pooped" a jellie bean. I recently asked for the pattern (it may have been crochet) and it was lost in a house fire. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

ritaw
01-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi There,
May i say that while i like to make toys and i have many patterns ,

I have never come across this pattern.
LOL sounds pretty disgusting though, Might scare the kids.
Seriously though! , sorry i can't help, But if you come across it i would love to know what the pattern is .:)
Good Luck

maniago
01-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I can't help you with the pattern; my SIL sprinkles chocolate covered raisins around the house for the grandkid to find raindeer poop--- they love it!!. What little boys find thrilling!!

Jessetfan
01-21-2008, 05:06 PM
My grandmother made the same thing one easter, and if memory serves me right it is a crochet pattern. A pattern for a the duck can be found here: http://crafterscommunity.com/view/21. I hope that is what you're looking for.

vaknitter
01-21-2008, 05:16 PM
YOU ARE AWESOME !!! I do believe that sounds like the right duck. Of course, now I'll need to learn to crochet :passedout: When's Easter this year.... March 23rd... let's see if I finish my scarf & mittens, 2 prayers shawls, 2 cross stitches and then crochet a duck a week...

Mirl56
01-21-2008, 05:18 PM
I made one before - it was crochet. I think mine is a baby chick.

Jessetfan
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Good luck with the learning to crochet, and I'm glad I could be of some help.