PDA

View Full Version : gift for dad

princess
01-22-2008, 03:46 PM
hey all,
i made some dishcloths and scrubbies for my mom for valentines day, and i just know my dad would be disappointed if i made my mom something and not my dad, so any ideas on something quick and easy to knit? i dont have time for a scarf, and i cant knit socks so those are out of the question.
thanks in advance!
Amanda

psquidy
01-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Balaclava, trigger finger mitts, scarves. Stuff like that. Maybe some felted clogs! I made my dad all of that stuff for Christmas and he loved it.

shifio
01-22-2008, 04:25 PM
book mark or cell phone holder

knittingymnast
01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
do you know how to knit hats? a hat is always a nice gift. also, some golf club covers if he golfs. hope this helps!!

italianchildhood
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
A small scarf?
A head band to keep his ears warm?
A beer can holder if he drinks beer?
Have fun, whatever you decide.

CountryKitty
01-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Ooooh, a Pidge! It's a short scarf, looks like the kind of professsional/executive version of a scarf---the 2 ends overlap and use 2 large buttons to fasten.Gogle the term and you'll find pictures on the internet of them.

I saw a poll recently in which men gave their favorite patterns and colors, in order to give knitters a better idea of what they like.
Blue was the favorite color, with charcoal gray being popular too. Plain stitches or very little ornamentation were preferred to fancy patterns.

princess
01-22-2008, 11:31 PM
thanks for the great ideas! I knew you could help, im going to make a beer cozy, and by the suggestion of my mom a glasses case for him