PDA

View Full Version : Ravelry signature linker

sheldon
01-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Some members have asked how they can add a Ravelry icon to their KH signature. I quickly cobbled together a tool that lets you create the code for a Ravelry profile icon which you can then copy and paste into your KH signature. It's nice and easy!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/siglinker

Important Note: If you have existing stuff in your signature, you might want to edit your signature in plain text mode. To do this, click on the icon in the upper right corner of the signature editor (looks like a couple of A's). Once you're in plain text mode, you should easily be able to paste the linking code without interfering with your existing code.

This tool is in beta, so don't be surprised if it's broken unavailable at times. I am still working on it and plan on adding other linking options (let me know if you have suggestions. Maybe some of the KH KALs?). I figured Ravelry was a good one to start with.

Enjoy!

-Sheldon

WildMountainHoney
01-26-2008, 10:17 PM
yay, a new toy!

Already played with it too, thanks!:hug:

ah
01-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Works great!

boo1
01-26-2008, 10:18 PM
:thumbsup:

I wanted to ask how these were done, and now I know! :)

ecb
01-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Enjoy!

-Sheldon
Ok, Did that

Thanks

suzeeq
01-26-2008, 10:20 PM
It appears to be working...

labeelady
01-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks, Sheldon! I had graphic already, but it didn't link to my Ravelry profile. Now it does!

figaro
01-26-2008, 10:32 PM
a new toy-YAY!

rissa
01-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Awesome!! Thanks Sheldon!!

Jan in CA
01-26-2008, 11:08 PM
I already have one, but neato burrito! :yay:

HollyP
01-27-2008, 12:35 AM
:notworthy: You are so good to us Sheldon!! Thanks.

gingerbread
01-27-2008, 07:01 AM
I hope this does it. Thank you Sheldon :woot::woot:

babsnelson
01-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks so much!! I added mine!

GiddyKnitter
01-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Great...Thanks Sheldon x

BinkyKat
01-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Didn't work for me. All I get once i save is url= or some such 3 or 4 character gibberish.
the last time i tried to add a ravelry button, the next day the button said that I suck bandwidth so i removed it because i felt like a criminal.
also, the bloobies i had on there have just appeared as red x's to me for weeks now. nothing computer wise seems to be working my way lately.:pout:

feministmama
01-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Allright Sheldon, keep the enabling coming!!!! :muah:

fibrenut
01-27-2008, 01:28 PM
:waah: OMG it ate my whole siggy:waah: I went n got the code cut n pasted as instructed saved it and the darn thing ate my siggy!!!!!!!

sheldon
01-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Didn't work for me. All I get once i save is url= or some such 3 or 4 character gibberish.
the last time i tried to add a ravelry button, the next day the button said that I suck bandwidth so i removed it because i felt like a criminal.
also, the bloobies i had on there have just appeared as red x's to me for weeks now. nothing computer wise seems to be working my way lately.:pout:

Not sure what happened. If you copy and paste the code verbatim from the siglinker, it should work a-ok. Also, our ravelry graphics are hosted here at KH, so you won't get any bandwidth errors using our code.

The bloobies broke when we updated the forum. But I think we did get them working again. You'll have to hunt down the original bloobies thread for the actual code.

:waah: OMG it ate my whole siggy:waah: I went n got the code cut n pasted as instructed saved it and the darn thing ate my siggy!!!!!!!

Uh-oh! When you do copy and paste the code in, you want to make sure it doesn't interfere with your existing signature code, else it may cause some strange things to happen. I hope you get it fixed.

fibrenut
01-27-2008, 03:27 PM
K ty Sheldon for that info.
I tried to cut n paste it before the code for the ASKAL and it ate the pic and whatever was after the button, then I tried again with the cut n paste at the end and all I got was [url\]="
HMMMM!!!!!!!:zombie:

Doublereeder2
01-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Oh rats! It didn't work for me either. I just get that [url\]=" too.

suzeeq
01-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Paste it in after the = sign

fibrenut
01-27-2008, 05:31 PM
ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!:waah: Suz, ty for tryin but that didn't work either. Sheesh!!!

sheldon
01-27-2008, 05:34 PM
If you have a lot of stuff in your signature, you might want to edit your signature in plain text mode. To do this, click on the icon in the upper right corner of the signature editor (looks like a couple of A's). Once you're in plain text mode, you should easily be able to paste the linking code without interfering with your existing code. Hope this helps.

fibrenut
01-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Ok Sheldon,
I'm rollin up my sleeves, puttin on my poker face and headin in.....wish me luck!!!:zombie:

fibrenut
01-27-2008, 05:44 PM
:clink: WOOHOO!!
Mr. n Mrs. Chapman you have a lovely....button!!!:hug: :muah:
Thank you Mr. Sheldon!!:notworthy:

Spikey
01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
The editing in plain text mode finally worked for me. Editing in regular mode didn't work even though my sig is pretty small, and it ate part of my sig, too, but I recreated it.

Doublereeder2
01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Okay! I had to click on the "change editor mode" on the upper right to get it to work.
Thanks so much, Sheldon!

ignora
01-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I already had mine linked, but that's pretty awesome. Thanks, Sheldon!

sheldon
01-28-2008, 01:54 PM
:clink: WOOHOO!!
Mr. n Mrs. Chapman you have a lovely....button!!!:hug: :muah:
Thank you Mr. Sheldon!!:notworthy:

The editing in plain text mode finally worked for me. Editing in regular mode didn't work even though my sig is pretty small, and it ate part of my sig, too, but I recreated it.

Okay! I had to click on the "change editor mode" on the upper right to get it to work.
Thanks so much, Sheldon!

Glad it worked. I have updated the instructions on the first post with this additional information for anyone else who has troubles.

marlajap
01-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Oh, duuuuh! Plain text editing finally worked for me. Thanks, Sheldon!

BinkyKat
01-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Not sure what happened. If you copy and paste the code verbatim from the siglinker, it should work a-ok. Also, our ravelry graphics are hosted here at KH, so you won't get any bandwidth errors using our code.

The bloobies broke when we updated the forum. But I think we did get them working again. You'll have to hunt down the original bloobies thread for the actual code.

Uh-oh! When you do copy and paste the code in, you want to make sure it doesn't interfere with your existing signature code, else it may cause some strange things to happen. I hope you get it fixed.

still get [url=
guess it's not meant to be...:pout:

sheldon
01-28-2008, 08:10 PM
still get
guess it's not meant to be...:pout:

I don't want you to be left out of the fun. If you tell me which Ravelry icon you'd like and what your Ravelry username is I can try to add it to your signature for you.

BinkyKat
02-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Really? What a pal!
The first one is fine...I go by BinkyKat there too.
Thanks man! :thumbsup:

Lucy78green
10-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Ok, don't really want to drag up an old thread, but I can't figure out the signature linker thing, I'm getting:
Application error

Rails application failed to start properly

Jan in CA
10-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Ok, don't really want to drag up an old thread, but I can't figure out the signature linker thing, I'm getting:
Application error

Rails application failed to start properly

I think it was on the old server or old forum software. Here's a link to the Ravelry icons. Download to your own computer then you can attach it to your signature and link to your Rav page. To link it just put the picture in and then click it so it's 'highlighed' then click the link icon and add the link. :thumbsup:
http://www.ravelry.com/wiki/pages/Ravelry-inspiredworks

Lucy78green
10-18-2008, 01:06 PM
whoo hoo, I'm a bit dense so it took me a while, but I did it!

newamy
10-19-2008, 10:26 AM
I don't understand how this is supposed to work. I don't know anything about codes and links. What are the step by step instructions?
I do know how to edit my signature. Is there an Icon for the signature link on the signature page?

Jan in CA
10-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't understand how this is supposed to work. I don't know anything about codes and links. What are the step by step instructions?
I do know how to edit my signature. Is there an Icon for the signature link on the signature page?

A few posts back I gave a link for the icons and instructions to add it. You don't need to know any codes.