PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with Getknitted.com-HAPPY HAPPY UPDATE

KnittingNat
01-28-2008, 12:18 PM
My mom made me a present for the New Year and i ordered some things from getknitted.com. First of all, they never answered my e-mail about checking out on their site, since Israel wasn't listed there. Eventually, i made the intl call and ordered over the phone. They said that hotmail.com e-mails are filtered. So i gave them a gmail.com and specifically requested to let me know when the package shipped and again - nothing. I e-mail them and finally get an answer that it was actually mailed the next day - Dec. 14th. and i should expect it in 2 weeks. Until now i haven't received it (and i checked with my post office - now package from England for the last month). It had some KnitPicks Options extra tips, some Options cables and the most important - 2 skeins of MMMMalabrigo laceweight! I wrote to them 6! days ago, asking what's up and still - no answer! I wrote to them again now. I can't understand - what's so hard in answering the mail? They are a big, respectable store, so i'm disappointed. I wanted to be their regular with KnitPicks stuff...And of course they already charged my mom's credit card.
Just venting.

GiddyKnitter
01-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow... how very rude of them not to answer your calls!!!
I too would be dissapointed...I have had loads of stuff from them and have never had a problem thank goodness..I hope you get it sorted out soon x

Jan in CA
01-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Yikes. Is there anyone in Britain who can actually to the store with the info and find out what is going on? Or is an internet only kind of store?

Mail can be slow, but I hope you get results soon!

DQ
01-28-2008, 02:15 PM
I've been having trouble with them too :pout:

I asked my brother for a gift voucher for Christmas so I could try them out. It took me ages to choose but I finally did and ordered online but managed to mess it up because I couldn't find where to put that I had a gift voucher so I emailed and they told me to call them. I called them and gave them the voucher number and the person said 'Ok' but they didn't say when it would be posted. I've emailed twice now and asked if the package is posted or delayed because of the Options needles (says on the site that orders with those might be delayed) but so far no reply. I might try calling some time this week but I am upset that I have to because sometimes I get anxious with that sort of thing.

I hope we both get sorted soon! :hug::hug::hug:

Jan in CA
01-28-2008, 02:18 PM
They need to get their priorities straight and fix that customer service!

Karina
01-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I would say that the UK postal service is pretty bad on occation. I have things sent from the US That took less time to get to me than stuff I have ordered from here. I think there was strike action just before christmas if I remember rightly which could have delayed things but even with that I would have thought that the package should have arrived by now. Did they give you a tracking number, maybe they could check from their end what happend to the package. Things do get lost in the post sometimes maybe they could resend.

rachejm
01-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I haven't had any problems with them but then again I live in England and I've never used a gift voucher on their site. They have a shop in Bristol, unfortunately I don't live anywhere near there so I can't go annoy them for you.

Limey
01-28-2008, 03:58 PM
My mom made me a present for the New Year and i ordered some things from getknitted.com. First of all, they never answered my e-mail about checking out on their site, since Israel wasn't listed there. Eventually, i made the intl call and ordered over the phone. They said that hotmail.com e-mails are filtered. So i gave them a gmail.com and specifically requested to let me know when the package shipped and again - nothing. I e-mail them and finally get an answer that it was actually mailed the next day - Dec. 14th. and i should expect it in 2 weeks. Until now i haven't received it (and i checked with my post office - now package from England for the last month). It had some KnitPicks Options extra tips, some Options cables and the most important - 2 skeins of MMMMalabrigo laceweight! I wrote to them 6! days ago, asking what's up and still - no answer! I wrote to them again now. I can't understand - what's so hard in answering the mail? They are a big, respectable store, so i'm disappointed. I wanted to be their regular with KnitPicks stuff...And of course they already charged my mom's credit card.
Just venting.

Hiya It sounds as if they posted the package almost 6 weeks ago, which is way overtime. There was a postal delay before Christmas but the backlog has been cleared - waiting over a month for an order is just not on. I've put a link here http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm so that you can see the options (pardon the pun) GetKnitted have to chase up their order. Unless you said otherwise, it probably went out regular airmail but should have reached you well before now. If you want, send me a PM with the purchase details and I'll give them a bell tomorrow and chase them up. * * * * * * * * * Jen, sounds as if you're wasting your time and energy with emails - phone the beggars tomorrow - ask which needle tips they're presently short of, causing the delay, and ask for the name of the person you're speaking to. Make a note of it, and tell them you'll ring again if there's no joy in a week. Ellie (the other one)

Lucy78green
01-28-2008, 04:11 PM
I had stuff go missing in the post just before Christmas (not knitting related - ebay purchase) I think in all the chaos of strikes on top of the Christmas postal rush things went missing :pout:!!!

KnittingNat
01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Limey, thank you for the offer! I think i'll wait a day or two and then call them myself and ask to speak to the lady that answered my e-mails the last time. I think the package got lost.

Limey
01-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Limey, thank you for the offer! I think i'll wait a day or two and then call them myself and ask to speak to the lady that answered my e-mails the last time. I think the package got lost.

Hi You're very welcome. Please let us know how you get on. Good Luck. Ellie

knittingymnast
01-28-2008, 05:12 PM
hope everything goes well with it and you get your package soon!

DQ
01-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Jen, sounds as if you're wasting your time and energy with emails - phone the beggars tomorrow - ask which needle tips they're presently short of, causing the delay, and ask for the name of the person you're speaking to. Make a note of it, and tell them you'll ring again if there's no joy in a week. Ellie (the other one)

I suppose I'll have to. If there's no joy in a week I'll set my brother onto them! It's his money that's been wasted if the situation isn't resolved. :sad:

rachejm
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Hope you both get ur packages sorted out!

KnittingNat
01-30-2008, 10:08 AM
They got back to me and their site also says they had e-mail issues and didn't know about it and are very sorry. Anyway, they want to re-ship my order, but they don't have the MMalabrigo color i wanted and are short of the KP cables. So i chose another color and KP metal tips in 12mm instead of the cable and fibertrends pattern i wanted. Hopefully, they will get back to me soon and i'll get it soon enough :) Crossed Fingers

DQ
01-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks for posting that! I've just tried calling but their line is busy! :passedout: I hope you get your parcel ok!

DQ
02-11-2008, 07:14 AM
I finally remembered to call them and got through after 3 tries. It seems that although I had called with my voucher number it wasn't matched to my order properly, luckily I had kept the voucher so I gave the number again and it should be sorted out today! :woot: I did have to pick another colour in one of the yarns I picked out but I'm not too bothered about that. I just hope the order gets here safely :passedout:

bajanKnit
02-12-2008, 11:11 AM
GetKnitted uuuuggggg very disappointing customer service.

I hope you get your stuff soon.

Limey
02-12-2008, 08:34 PM
I finally remembered to call them and got through after 3 tries. It seems that although I had called with my voucher number it wasn't matched to my order properly, luckily I had kept the voucher so I gave the number again and it should be sorted out today! :woot: I did have to pick another colour in one of the yarns I picked out but I'm not too bothered about that. I just hope the order gets here safely :passedout:

Hi Jen

Very glad you've got a result :) ... just as well you kept the voucher!

Wonder as well how Knittingnat has made out?Crossed Fingers

All the Best
Ellie

KnittingNat
02-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Hi there! Thanks for remembering me:teehee: They sent my package about week and a half ago, with another color of the yarm i wanted. But i'm far away so i'm not worried yet, i'll give it another 2 weeks and see what happens. I'll keep you updated and when i'll get my stuff - i'll take a picture:thumbsup: . It appears they had some e-mail trouble and after they figured out my package was lost, they really tried to give me the best service. I hope it arrives soon Crossed Fingers

DQ
02-13-2008, 06:44 AM
I got an email later on the day I called saying it has been shipped. Where's the postman? Where IS the postman? WHERE IS THE POSTMAN?!?!?! :tap::nails::tap:

I want my parcel :waah:

Karina
02-13-2008, 07:37 AM
I have used getknitted 3 times now and the only thing I had to wait for is the wire for the interchangeable needles. everything ordered arrived the next day. very helpful on the phone, could not do enough. would use again.

DQ
02-13-2008, 09:45 AM
I've got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot::woot::woot:

It actually came yesterday when I was out but the postman only put the note through today. i had to go all the way to the sorting office to get it but I'm so happy now! :woot:

Very happy with the order, they even put a pen and some sweeties in!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2182/2262935000_0119902a04.jpg

DQ
02-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Hope you get yours soon KnittingNat!! :hug:

Jaxhil
02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
:woohoo:Yah!! So glad you got it sorted out and now you have your package!! Pretty yarns, btw!

KnittingNat
02-13-2008, 04:36 PM
DQ, great stuff! I'm glad you got it so fast!

KnittingNat
02-14-2008, 07:05 AM
There's a package from England waiting for me at home! As soon as i'll get there - i'll take pictures for you all. That was really quick - about 12 days!

Plantgoddess+
02-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Oooh lucky you. Have fun with it.

bajanKnit
02-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I've got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot::woot::woot:

It actually came yesterday when I was out but the postman only put the note through today. i had to go all the way to the sorting office to get it but I'm so happy now! :woot:

Very happy with the order, they even put a pen and some sweeties in!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2182/2262935000_0119902a04.jpg
I am glad you got your package really nice yarn too.

DQ
02-15-2008, 06:26 AM
There's a package from England waiting for me at home! As soon as i'll get there - i'll take pictures for you all. That was really quick - about 12 days!

Great! Can't wait to see the pictures :mrgreen:

Limey
02-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Relief All Round !!!

So glad you got it sorted, DQ and KnittingNat.

Brilliant picture Jen! What is it you're planning on making?

All the Best

Ellie aka The Pie

KnittingNat
02-15-2008, 08:43 AM
So here's what i got - 2 Malabrigo laceweight in olive, KP tips in 4.00mm, 4.5mm and 12mm and the view sizer. It was all nicely wrapped and there was the pen also.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2358/2266983696_38a14c5016_b.jpg

knitmama
02-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Congrats on getting your package! That Mmmm looks lovely. Have fun with all your new goodies!

knittingymnast
02-15-2008, 10:59 AM
ooh, pretty!

rachejm
02-15-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm glad they finally got their act together and set you guys your orders. Everything looks so nice, I'm tempted to place another order...better not, lack of funds.

DQ
02-15-2008, 11:41 AM
So here's what i got - 2 Malabrigo laceweight in olive, KP tips in 4.00mm, 4.5mm and 12mm and the view sizer. It was all nicely wrapped and there was the pen also.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2358/2266983696_38a14c5016_b.jpg

Nice! Hope you have some happy hours knitting it up :cheering:

DQ
02-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Relief All Round !!!

So glad you got it sorted, DQ and KnittingNat.

Brilliant picture Jen! What is it you're planning on making?

All the Best

Ellie aka The Pie

Probably socks with the sock yarn (I'm so original!), I don't know what I'm going to make with the soysilk, I only got the one ball to try.

Limey
02-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Lovely pic KnittingNat - well worth waiting for!

Jen,

What do you mean, you're going to make socks with the sock yarn? That's normal, that is - not like you at all. :?? Are you feeling alright?

(Memo to self - Must check phase of moon in Merseyside and clock the wind direction.)

Best Wishes
The Pie

KnittingNat
02-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm planning to find a worthy pattern for the MMalabrigo and make my first lace shawl, maybe the Adamas. I hope the yardage i got will be enough :think:. It is a lovely colour, my favourite! I also like the way everything was packed, with thought. I think i will be buying from them again, when i'll have the funds, but definitely on a less busy season:teehee:

DQ
02-16-2008, 05:21 AM
Jen,

What do you mean, you're going to make socks with the sock yarn? That's normal, that is - not like you at all. :?? Are you feeling alright?

(Memo to self - Must check phase of moon in Merseyside and clock the wind direction.)

Best Wishes
The Pie

I don't know...:passedout:

DQ
02-16-2008, 05:23 AM
. I think i will be buying from them again, when i'll have the funds, but definitely on a less busy season:teehee:

Me too! and if I ever get a gift voucher again, I phoning in my order!