PDA

View Full Version : I get to knit all day today!!!

knitpurlgurl
02-01-2008, 09:30 AM
We got an ice storm last night and my school is closed today! So instead of teaching, I'll be knit-knit-knitting!!! YEAH! I see a day filled with a cozy afghan, a fire in the fireplace, hot tea, and knitting! :woot:

The.Knitter
02-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Sounds nice. It's snowing here today, so I will be doing the same, minus the fireplace.

jenlee
02-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Me too, It snow a lot thru the night and is suppose to continue all
day. I'm a hairstylist so I think Im gonna blow of work today. I don't think to many people are going to come out to get their hair done.
So hot tea and knitting all day sounds perfect! Happy knitting.
:woohoo:

Mamathree
02-01-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm also in Ohio but we didn't get enough snow/ice to close. Call me jealous but enjoy your day.

knitpurlgurl
02-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Me too, It snow a lot thru the night and is suppose to continue all
day. I'm a hairstylist so I think Im gonna blow of work today. I don't think to many people are going to come out to get their hair done.
So hot tea and knitting all day sounds perfect! Happy knitting.
:woohoo:

Here's to snow days! Happy knitting to you as well!

knitpurlgurl
02-01-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm also in Ohio but we didn't get enough snow/ice to close. Call me jealous but enjoy your day.

You must be in Central, Southern , or the extreme Eastern parts of Ohio. I'm in the NE and EVERYTHING here in a 8 county radius is closed for the day!

Lisa R.
02-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Sounds heavenly! Here, it's just rain. And I'll be out most of the day. Sigh....

Jax3303
02-01-2008, 10:37 AM
knitpurlgurl-I was about to ask what part of Ohio you're in, because here in Dublin, it's warm (37f) and we didn't get anything at all from that storm. The news was freaking out last night saying we were going to get several inches of snow and ice...I looked at DH and said "since he's freaking out so badly we'll probably get nothing at all from that storm"....i was right. :) I swear, newscasters should be fined or arrested or something for trying to induce panic like that.

Schools here are on a 2 hour delay this morning. I have no freaking clue why though. they don't cancel school when we have several inches of snow/ice on the ground, but they implement a 2 hr delay for some wetness in 37 degree weather....makes no sense. and they can't even say it's because it was icy earlier, because it wasn't. It wasn't icy at all when DH was driving to work at 6am.

Plantgoddess+
02-01-2008, 10:39 AM
We only got about 1" of snow overnight so I only have a couple of hours of shoveling and a quick run to restock food supplies before the next front comes through, so I should have a couple of hours of knitting to get done.

sinistral_needler
02-01-2008, 10:42 AM
We only got a dusting of snow over night but I hear that the Chicago area got hit HARD. I WISH I could take a snow day!!!!

knitpurlgurl
02-01-2008, 10:45 AM
We only got a dusting of snow over night but I hear that the Chicago area got hit HARD. I WISH I could take a snow day!!!!

I think EVERYONE should get snow days. Wouldn't life be much happier if we all got snow days and summers off? :balloons:

Babyduck87
02-01-2008, 10:58 AM
man ya'll are lucky! down here in the south its just cold rain, no snow!

dreamsherl
02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Schools are closed here in Michigan (seemed like all) also. I don't have to teach today. I'm knitting, knitting, knitting. I hope that everything is cleared up for my knitting group tonight.

Sanibelle
02-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I am home today too... took a vacation day. I was supposed to get my hair done tonight (my standing appt) but we have to go to a function tonight for my DH's job. So I had to change my appointment to 3 and decided to take a vacation day.

I am being a lazy bum this AM!!!!!

rosefields
02-01-2008, 12:27 PM
SNOW DAY in Michigan too!!

Knitting all day in front of the fireplace!
:woohoo: :cheering: :happydance:

Ginnyb
02-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Ohio here too, but we didn't get enough to cancel anything around me...darn!!! Sometimes the library I work in is actually closed for snow, but not today!
Ginny

candicane
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm in NE Ohio too and I'm at work. Really wasn't as bad as they predicted (and I'm in Lake County), of course that could change!

candice

knitmama
02-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I wish it snowed here. Unfortunately, we're lucky if drops below 70 lol. Today it's 74F. It'd be nice to have a real winter.:pout:

scout52
02-01-2008, 02:18 PM
You are SOOO Lucky. I am soo totally jealous!!

knitpurlgurl
02-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I wish it snowed here. Unfortunately, we're lucky if drops below 70 lol. Today it's 74F. It'd be nice to have a real winter.:pout:

Okay, you are not allowed to talk to us anymore.. :poke:

cookworm
02-01-2008, 08:18 PM
How WONDERFUL!!!!! That's great! I hope you were able to get a lot of knitting done today, and that you were cozy while doing it. You deserve it!!!! :cheering: