PDA

View Full Version : Socks and DH >>>

boo1
02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
So one of my goals on this four day holiday (Mardi Gras) was to work on my first pair of socks. I've seen people make them and I have a video on making a sock on 2 circs.

Well, DH is home and has been sick all weekend, so the tv has been dominated by sports. I hate to force him to watch a knitting video!!! I guess I can work on it tomorrow!!!

Hmm...

bethany
02-04-2008, 10:37 AM
oh bummer--I know you were excited to get going on that! I think -- I'm SURE-- he needs a nap... :) Are the socks for him by chance? Maybe you could convince him... ;) Good luck, hope he feels better soon. Better yet, come over and we'll do it together! How does 20 degrees and snow sound to you?

The.Knitter
02-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Let's hope he's feeling better soon! Everyone's TV's were dominated by sports this weekend I think. Superbowl Sunday is always a day for men (and some women) and sports!

I turned the Superbowl on long enough to see who won and turned it off again. LOL! I'd rather be knitting!

dustinac
02-04-2008, 11:20 AM
:hug: Hope he feels better soon!! Hopefully today you can watch the dvd and get started... :happydance:

marlajap
02-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Well, I just combined the two (sports and knitting), but I didn't have to watch any videos, luckily. I knitted my way through to Superbowl yesterday...although hubby changed the channel about 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter, he was so disgusted with how sloppily both teams were playing. I'm not much of a football fan (but don't get me going about baseball!!), so I wouldn't normally have even sat in the same room. But, I was born and mostly raised in New England, so I had some interest in seeing whether the Pats could pull off the perfect season (and suspected that they could not).

When hubby decided to go mess with his guitar and/or his 3-D animation stuff, I turned it back on and continued knitting.

Upsides - got the 2nd wrister finished (full set in one weekend, woohoo!), and it's pretty cool that the Manning brothers won back-to-back Superbowls.

Downsides - Pats lost. Oh, well, there's always next year! And it's warmer and rainy today, so I don't even need the darned wristers. Phooey! :wink:

boo1
02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
frogged and restarted the Clapotis and am doing much better on it now.

Currently watching a Richard Pryor movie. I'm guessing that the Three Stooges will be on at some point while DH recovers! :heart:

knittingymnast
02-04-2008, 06:16 PM
at least you have your friends here!