PDA

View Full Version : Cats and ramen noodles

stitchwitch
02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Does anyone else's cat go absolutely wiggy over the smell of ramen noodles? My cat is nuts with this smell, she can be sleeping in another room, smell the noodles and instantly starts acting like someone slipped her some acid. If I'm eating them she bites my hand, rubs her teeth on me and rolls around on the table. I don't get it, it's like the smell is 100% worse than catnip to her. Otherwise she's a normal cat, whip out the ramen and watch out she's rabid!

PS. Yes, I eat ramen noodles, they're cheap and easy. :teehee:

amberof2
02-07-2008, 03:20 PM
That's so funny... makes me want to go buy some ramen noodles and start a science project.:rofl:

Lucy78green
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
my cat goes nuts for olives

lelvsdgs
02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Mine love cheezits and potato chips... go figure...

KnittingNat
02-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I :heart: ramen noodles, with some butter...Yummy! My cat goes crazy over anything being cooked in the kitchen. He tried and loved oatmeal (not cooked), rice (not cooked). I guess cats are like people, we all have our crazy food. I love beef tongue :hiding:and gefilte fish and holodez (russian cold meat appetizer).

scout52
02-07-2008, 05:38 PM
My older cat goes nuts for milk or tuna.

my little cats goes absolutely apesh*% for baked hot cheetos. Like she knows the bag when we bring it home from the store and will take it out when we put the bags down and rip the bag open and start feeding herself until she starts tearing up because they are hot. f we are eating it. She is all up in our face meowing, pawing the chips out of our hands to eat it. if we are taking to long to give it to her, she just sticks her head in the bag. Its hilarious. we have to put the bag in the same cabinet as we put her cat food and her treats. If she escapes outside I actually use the cheetos instead of treats to call her back in. they work better.

She also likes baked skinless buffalo wings. goes nuts for those. curry, rice, fries, anything salty, almonds, baked turkey, mashed potatoes. basically all people food. loves spanish food. its hilarious. its turned into what won't she eat game, but baked hot cheetos are her absolute favorite. its like catnip for her.

I

Sharly
02-07-2008, 05:43 PM
LOL! The only time I use Ramen Noodles is in an Asain Chicken Salad, so I get a lot of interest, but I thought it was the chicken. It might be the noodles! I'll have to experiment next time to find out!

That is so funny!

knitwit628
02-07-2008, 05:44 PM
My cat goes crazy for BBQ chips and harvest cheddar Sunchips. She also LOVES spaghetti sauce.

It's so weird what makes these cats go nuts!

tootie44
02-07-2008, 07:02 PM
That is funny! I have a cat who is crazy for yogurt. I try to be silent opening the container but even if he is in another room he will sense the yogurt and come beg.

BinkyKat
02-07-2008, 08:12 PM
my cat goes nuts for olives
Mine too! He gets all :zombie:
The little one gets rabid over banana's. You may as well have a catnip and tuna popsicle in your hand. :teehee:

jdee
02-07-2008, 08:14 PM
That is funny! I have a cat who is crazy for yogurt. I try to be silent opening the container but even if he is in another room he will sense the yogurt and come beg.
I have a couple who love yogurt. I made the mistake of letting them lick the container and spoon after I'd eaten a cup of vanilla yogurt, and now they go nuts if they smell anything vanilla.

Krystal
02-07-2008, 08:31 PM
My one cat Boots goes bananas for fruit. He KNOWS when I have fruit. He can be dead asleep under a pile of laundry in the back corner of the bedroom closet, and I will be here on the computer in the living room. As soon as I take a bite of my fruit... hes in my lap. Pawing meowing tilting his head all over me.

His favourite is peach slices. But he is crazy for mandarins and pineapple too. He also likes broccoli quite a bit. He would easily be a vegetarian cat if it could safely be done. lol.

I love ramen noodles. I used to use them for spaghetti and soup in college... lol. I still now and then get cravings for ghetto spaghetti.

candicane
02-08-2008, 12:07 PM
My cat has a sweet tooth. He loves yellow cake. On more than one occasion, I have left cake layers on the counter to cool and Georgie always manages to sneak in and take a bite. Sometimes a really big bite. I had to make a new cake.

candice

stitchwitch
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
My cat doesn't actually eat the ramen noodles, she more like gets stoned off of the smell of the flavor packet. It's weird! :???:

SabrinaJL
02-08-2008, 01:35 PM
For my cats, it's beef jerky. They just have to hear the beef jerky bag and they come running. And one of them is crazy for glazed donuts. If you're eating one he'll come up next to you, stand on his hind legs and hold up a paw as if he's holding out his hand for some.

cftwo
02-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm enjoying reading about other kitties' food preferences.

My Betsy loves dairy, and if that's not available (I don't eat much dairy any more), sweets will do. If I'm eating an ice cream sandwich, she'll reach out and grab my hand and bring it toward her for a taste.

Walter loves bread. I once left a bag of whole wheat hamburger buns out on the counter. The next morning, there were person-sized bites taken out of 3 of the buns - THROUGH the plastic.

Crazy cats. But I love them anyway.