PDA

View Full Version : I really need to pay attention to my patterns more...

figaro
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
A little while ago, I posted a question as to what scarf to knit for myself out out some MMMMalabrigo I bought. I ended up picking the Scrunchable Scarf pattern and I printed it out with some others a long time ago. I get my pattern and cast on and start knitting away. Today I decide to see what other ones look like on Raverly, they do not look at all like the one I am knitting. Mine is like little waves all the way up the scarf. The pics of Scrunchable resemble boxes all the way up, no waves. Then I start looking at my pattern that I printed. When I printed it, I also printed 5 other scarves on 2 pages. I failed to look at the name of it, I am actually knitting the Rainy Day scarf, not Scrunchable. Which is ok, I like the wavyness of Rainy day, and I am almost done with one skein, there is no way I am ripping it out and starting over with no winder or swift!

I guess I need to read the names of the patterns BEFORE I start cast on!:lol:

I will post a picture in the next day or so of it, I love the pattern and the way the colors work into it!

holamiis
02-07-2008, 11:28 PM
You mean reading a pattern all they way through before just casting on and knitting?!?!?! Why do that....it ruins the surprise:)

Join the club, I'm a founding member

WandaT
02-08-2008, 09:28 AM
LOL - you aren't alone you know ... glad it turned out to be a surprise you liked!

Jan in CA
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
:teehee: I'm glad you ended up liking it!

I actually print out patterns and take them to bed and read them like a book when I am thinking of starting a new one. I've learned a lot that way. ;)

erikalee
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I normally read patterns all the way through a few times before I start knitting, but since I am in the beginning stages of my knitting journey and I have no clue what the pattern is talking about, it does me no good! lol

knitgal
02-08-2008, 05:02 PM
I read patterns through to make sure I know how to do all the techniques, or so I can look up any abbreviations I don't know. I am like the queen of planning, so I need to plan my knitting too.