PDA

View Full Version : Count on Limey's Stitch Markers

ritaw
02-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Hi All,

I thought you might like to see a pic of the Stitch Markers i had from Limey.
The lighting in my apartment is quite poor ,so I asked Limey to send me a pic. Thanks Ellie :heart:
The set is call English Meadow. They are very light and beautiful. Excellently made and do not snag on any of my knitting:)
Limey has many sets of markers on her site , along with stitch holders. Which i think would make great gifts and stocking fillers.
Take a look for yourselves
http://www.countonknit.com

Nobones
02-09-2008, 07:12 AM
I love my stitch markers from Limey, unlike others I have they don't catch on the yarn.

I haven't used my stitch holders yet, (I have a small one and a larger one) I haven't as yet made anything that needs one. I do however use the small stitch holder as a 'stick pin' for my shawl from KH. I've had lovely comments on both.

gargoylelib
02-09-2008, 07:49 AM
I'd also like to add that I just got some the Flexi needles from her
site and they are really nice! I plan to get more as my budget
allows. :)

Libbie

Pagan Princess
02-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Very pretty

sue in canada
02-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Rita and Limey, they are so pretty and delicate looking.

gingerbread
02-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Oh I really love them one day which is coming up soon:happydance:

Jan in CA
02-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Those are so pretty!

alleusion
02-09-2008, 12:02 PM
I have a set from Limey as well and I want more! They're so pretty. I'm using them right now to mark the beginning of a round on a baby sock I'm making....can't put it on the needle as it's too small, but it works great for what I need it for :)

Eccie
02-09-2008, 01:07 PM
I like the little flowers, oh so cute! I have a set of Limey's markers too and I use them all the time. The hooks that can be snapped onto the needle are genius!

jodstr2
02-09-2008, 01:23 PM
I :heart: my Limey markers - I have English Meadow in the longer style.

Koehnae
02-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Doh! Now I'm going to have to explain yet another mystery package to my fiance, because I want a set!

"Yes, dear... I DO need them." *bats eyelashes*

ritaw
02-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Doh! Now I'm going to have to explain yet another mystery package to my fiance, because I want a set!

"Yes, dear... I DO need them." *bats eyelashes*

LOL i am sure he will understand . Just tell him that they are important for your next project :roflhard:

boo1
02-09-2008, 06:18 PM
:muah:

ritaw
02-10-2008, 04:17 AM
Glad you liked them Boo :)

maniago
02-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Try the old "these things? I've had them forever you just don't remember them" I do this all the time with yarn, shoes, etc.

GiddyKnitter
02-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Yes I am guilty of that also!
Those stitch marker are so nice though I think I will have to treat myself to some x

Nobones
02-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Try the old "these things? I've had them forever you just don't remember them" I do this all the time with yarn, shoes, etc.

That's brill, I'll be using that, thanks!

Limey
02-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi

Oh! I dunno what to say! ... thank you all so much for your very kind and generous comments.

I'm really sorry not to have acknowledged your threads before now but I've just about slept the clock round :sleepy: since yesterday.

I've been going absolutely :zombie::eyes: overboard this past week or two with the bead addiction, finding the right type of product to make into stitch markers.

I wanted to find something a bit different because Simply Knitting magazine has been in touch and told me that they'll be featuring the Countonknit stitch markers in the edition published 28 Feb.

I'll post a couple of pictures here of just some of the new markers, plus a wheeze I had for a stitch holder.

Thank you all so much again for your kind words; it's so encouraging to know that knitters, and KH ers especially, enjoy using my knitting products.

Warmest Wishes
Ellie (the other one)

Sorry, the pics aren't the best - I'm just trying out colour backgrounds and whatnots.

http://www.countonknit.com

DQ
02-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd like to add my praise for the needles. I LOVE them :heart: Lovely sharp points, the needle is nice and smooth, and the metal cable ones are great because they don't curl up.

The other stuff is great too. Nice quality, good price and very pretty! :mrgreen:

ritaw
02-10-2008, 02:00 PM
I want them liqourice allsorts markers lol. They are just pure genius Ellie.
So clever. I am sure that they will be a massive hit:) The flowers are sweet and the pineapple stitch holder is to die for . Just so pretty and great workmanship.

Nobones
02-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Those sweetie one's are wonderful, I like the seaside rock one's you have on your website too.

Limey
02-10-2008, 04:12 PM
[quote=ritaw;1060530]I want them liqourice allsorts markers lol. They are just pure genius Ellie.

You're very kind, Rita and Ellie

I don't know about them being genius - but I DO know about them being SO tempting. It's taken ALL my willpower when I've been down to the Post Office not to buy a packet of Bertie's.

I keeping telling Bev (our post lady) to put them out of harm's way!

Maybe I should put a warning on the packet - "Do NOT buy for yourself or anyone you know who's on a diet!"

I did see some jelly bean beads but I steered clear - I'm only human! - and as for the chocolates made from swirly glass ....... no, don't even go there! :mmm:

Limey
02-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I'd like to add my praise for the needles. I LOVE them :heart: Lovely sharp points, the needle is nice and smooth, and the metal cable ones are great because they don't curl up.

The other stuff is great too. Nice quality, good price and very pretty! :mrgreen:

Hiya Jen

Do ya wanna do a swap? 1 pink, knitted puppy for 6 sets of Allsorts? Jellybeans? Lindt chocs? 20 tons of Cadbury's cream eggs? A mountain of Toblerone? - just name your price!

Yours :mrgreen:

I think you said somewhere that you put the puppy in your window ....?:whistle:

sue in canada
02-10-2008, 05:24 PM
I LOVE the liqourice allsorts markers I have never seen any beads remotely like that. I really might be tempted. Did you mention chocolate?

DQ
02-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Hiya Jen

Do ya wanna do a swap? 1 pink, knitted puppy for 6 sets of Allsorts? Jellybeans? Lindt chocs? 20 tons of Cadbury's cream eggs? A mountain of Toblerone? - just name your price!

Yours :mrgreen:

I think you said somewhere that you put the puppy in your window ....?:whistle:

Oooh temptress! I'm trying to lose weight here! :passedout:

My little Rita puppy loves the stitch markers...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2079/2255416847_532c87e501.jpg

Mine remind me of sweeties too for some reason :??

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2229/2255416091_82b356cfc2.jpg

*note to self - take Rita-puppy to bed tonight*

Limey
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I LOVE the liqourice allsorts markers I have never seen any beads remotely like that. I really might be tempted. Did you mention chocolate?

Hiya Sue

I did indeedy mention chocolate - I've seen some lovely foiled swirl sweet beads on a German website but I think they would be too heavy and too big for stitch markers.

Still .... I'll keep looking.

Yours, heading for the secret choc stash. Sshhh!:shifty:

knittingymnast
02-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Those are sooo pretty! I now will have to get some!

ritaw
02-11-2008, 02:55 AM
You guys are so funny lol .
And i am happy to see that Doggie likes the stitch markers too.
Jen ! KEEP DOGGIE LOCKED IN A SAFE LOL :)

DQ
02-11-2008, 06:10 AM
I think I will have to! :shifty:

Nobones
02-11-2008, 06:54 PM
I wore my shawl again today and got Mike to take a picture of my stitch holder/stick pin.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/EllieShawlPin02.jpg
I look forward to using it as a stitch holder at some point.

ritaw
02-12-2008, 10:06 AM
I wore my shawl again today and got Mike to take a picture of my stitch holder/stick pin.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/EllieShawlPin02.jpg
I look forward to using it as a stitch holder at some point.
The stitch marker looks lovely pinned to your shawl Ellie . Thank you for sharing :woot:

Limey
02-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Hi Ellie

Thanks very much for posting the pic. The shawl is gorgeous and was a wonderful gift.

All the Best
Ellie (either you're talking to yourself or I am ????????)

momwolf
02-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Cute stitch marks.Do you have any in chocolate?:roflhard:

DQ
02-16-2008, 05:26 AM
Cute stitch marks.Do you have any in chocolate?:roflhard:

You laugh...but...

http://www.brakerbeads.com/Beads.html

(scroll down a bit)

:passedout:

sue in canada
02-16-2008, 08:45 AM
DQ, those chocolate beads look amazing.

Limey
02-16-2008, 04:16 PM
DQ, those chocolate beads look amazing.

They ARE amazing! - I don't know what's watering the most - my mouth, from the sight of the 'chocolates' :mmm:,or my eyes, at the sight of those prices!!! :waah: AAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

Hell's Teeth!!! - We'd need to insure the knitting if we stepped out the door with those things!!!

DQ
02-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm glad about the prices because if I bought them I'd end up trying to eat them! :passedout: :teehee:

Limey
02-16-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm glad about the prices because if I bought them I'd end up trying to eat them! :passedout: :teehee:

Well, at least we wouldn't put on any weight - keep the dentist pretty happy too with a few busted fillings! :wink:

I'll keep having a mooch, Sue, for cheaper 'chocs' - if any of you see anything suitable, please just give me a shout - save the old :eyes: some virtual mileage.

Cheers:thumbsup:

momwolf
02-16-2008, 07:02 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_146_31.gif No way would I pay that for beads,Even if they do look good enough to eat

Limey
02-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Momwolf said:

"No way would I pay that for beads,Even if they do look good enough to eat" __________________

:rofl::roflhard::chair:Hi Julie

That HOWL of protest and outrage made it all the way over here!

It might be ok out there in the woods - but it's knocking hell out of the plasterboard here. Be careful which direction you face when you do that - turn towards Canada or the North Pole. I'll be getting complaints from the neighbours:sleepy: again.:teehee:

All the Best.

PS - Take it easy, the moon is only half full yet.