PDA

View Full Version : My Ebay score

sideways
02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Got this lot for $30, shipping and everything!

Didn't really need the straights, but the dpn's, holders, circs and other gadgets add up to a whole lot more if bought retail. Being a newbie, I've been adding to my needle stash a little at a time. This was a great find.

Plantgoddess+
02-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Wow, great score! You'll have a lot of fun sorting that out and dreaming of all the great projects you can make. Now you need a big score of yarn to cover all those new needles.

sideways
02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Now you need a big score of yarn to cover all those new needles.

Heh.....being an avid seamstress for 25 years, I recognized the early signs of yarn addiction. I already have a huge fabric stash, but learned to keep it under control mainly by NOT going into fabric stores. I stay out of trouble by buying incidentals (thread, zippers, interfacing) at department stores or in bulk via mail order.

I found myself just about salivating after my first visit to a LYS. Will have to avoid those places unless I actually intend to start a new project.

Well, okay I sort of broke my rule and hit Salvation Army for a few awesome sweaters to unravel. Three gorgeous sweaters that cost me under $10....buying similar new yarn would have set me back around a hundred bucks, at least.

knitgal
02-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Great haul! I think I need to add to my needle stash like that, but I never seem to find anything good on ebay.

knit2btied
02-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Wow! Color me green! (smile) Have fun with all that stuff, huh?

cheley
02-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Got this lot for $30, shipping and everything!

Didn't really need the straights, but the dpn's, holders, circs and other gadgets add up to a whole lot more if bought retail. Being a newbie, I've been adding to my needle stash a little at a time. This was a great find. Add lots of yarn, pattern books and crochet needles ...that's what I inherited about 6 months ago....:heart: from my dear (departed) friend...Cheley